Chapter 33

" Can you at least tell us, where we're going? " Tommy asked with a heavy sigh as he lazily followed from behind while flailing his arms around.

The guys had been walking for half an hour currently, and Tommy was the only one who had No idea where they were headed. And to his unfortunate, No one was paying attention to his complains as they were all seperated in to small groups. Eret and Dream walking side by side while having a small conversation, with Wilbur and Technoblade silently enjoying the silence from the side and far away from the others. Tommy's frown deepened as he gets more irritated of everyone.

A scoff escaped his lips before turning in to cold air as they all soon was met with a sudden change of temperature. Tommy shivered badly and burried his lips in to the thin, red scarf wrapped around his neck before blowing warm air in to it. Unfortunately, the place was too cold for such a small amount of heat to provide warmth for himself. With shaky hands, he managed to grab something from the backpack he carries. The corner of his thin lips tugged in to a small smile as he holds on to the item that could provide heat not just for him, but for everyone.

As soon as the flint and steel touched, a sudden spark appeared in between the two objects but the wind blowed it all away with one gush. He frowned and attempted for the second try, but yet again, the same happened. Not wanting to give up, Tommy applied even more force in to his hands and gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Suddenly, he was surprised by a sudden sound. " Fuck- " He whispered under his breath after accidentally losing grip of the flint and steel. The object bounced around in the air from his hands as Tommy desperately tried to catch it, but a sudden heavy blow of wind set it aflame. He immediately stepped away from it, watching the ball of fire falling down to what he thought was the ground, but instead was the wooden body of a huge Tower.

He gasped out loudly, watching the flame engulf the wood. In just a blink of an eye, hungry flames had devoured most of its wooden body. The glowing embers leaped and twirled in a fiery dance, twinkling like stars in the hot swirling air before cascading to earth like gleeful fire fiends. With the fast wind, it pushed through the fire, spreading it even more all over the tower. Crackling and burning wood started to fall off the tower, blocking most of Tommy's way.

" Wait! " He screamed before it all soon errupted in to a fit of violent coughs. His knees started to give up as he slowly pulls himself back, with his arm on his lips and nose to use as a mask from the smoke that burned his lungs inside.

Technoblade immediately was halt to a stop, sniffing the air gently when a faint smell of burning wood entered his sense. With a harsh turn, his eyes widened at the sight of falling fiery wood with a visible figure by the end of the road behind. Wilbur caught the same smell with widened eyes. He immediately turned around and ran towards the way back, where Tommy could be seen struggling to find a way back to them with all the falling objects blocking his path.

" What happened?! " Techno yelled as he scrambled for something that could possibly be of help for Tommy.

" i dropped the flint and steel...! " A distant voice responded along with coughs. Wilbur frowned and tried to find a way to retrieve him.

To their surprise, the sound of glass fragment breaking made everyone's eyes widen. Dream ran closer to the tower and looked up, watching violet particles exploding amongst the land before disappearing within the air. He stepped back and pulled out his axe as soon as a blury figure entered the scene with a gleeming sword equipped to his hand. The man slowly stood up from crouching, spinning his sword as his eyes shined bright under the darkness of his hood. Eventually, another appeared with a sudden ambush.

Technoblade stepped in and swiftly pulled out his sword, placing his palm on the other side of his precious sword and clashed with the enemy. This earned a scoff from the new face.