[29] S.O.S

yooo look at this bombass fanart somebody made for this story!  go check out _aoi.yue_ on instagram!

if anybody else wants to submit fanart, my instagram is millie_dew !

---

"We are way outclassed," you huffed, narrowing your eyes in irritation. Stain was proving a formidable foe, even against all three of you at once. You just hoped that Kurapika had gotten your text, and that either the pro-heroes or himself were on their way here. 

You weren't sure how long you all could hold out against Stain.

Izuku and Shouto were tense beside you, and your mind raced. You couldn't activate your hatsu - sitting down to meditate even for a minute was practically suicide, and you weren't going to ask Izuku or Shouto to protect you while you did so. Still - you were an enhancer. You just had to think of how to use it creatively.

Weirdly enough, your mind went back to the Sport's Festival, when Izuku and Shouto faced off against each other. You and Izuku had pretty similar abilities, although you couldn't get that cool ass lightning around you. Still, both of you had enhancer-type abilities...

Your eyebrows shot up in realization. "I have a plan," you told them, bending backwards to narrowly dodge a knife. "But I only have enough energy to use my quirk once."

Shouto furrowed his brows, sparing a glance at you. "What do we need to do?"

More than ever, you loved your friends. No questions, no protests - just complete trust. You grinned.

"Distract him with ice."

As Shouto sent column after column towards Stain, you stepped in front of Izuku, and excited grin crossing your face. This was really gonna hurt, considering both of your hands were injured, but you guys needed to get this over with soon, and anyways... If this worked, it certainly opened a whole world of possibilities for you.

Feeling the last of your nen gather in your less-injured hand, you clenched it into a fist. "This better work!"

And with that, just as Stain landed back on the ground, you thrust your fist forward into the air.

It worked better than expected.

With the pressure of your nen contacting the air, a large gust of air was thrust towards Stain, giving the villain no time to dodge as it swept him backwards. Falling backwards, Stain was dragged across the gravely alleyway before the wind dissipated, and Izuku let out an awed exclamation. Leaning against the wall, you felt exhaustion wash over you again.

"Shit... Even that was... a lot...."

For a moment, Stain didn't move, and you had willed yourself to believe that you had done it, had taken him out. After a couple silent moments though, Stain slowly rose to a stand, eerily not using his arms at all. You winced, both at the failure and at his face, which had taken the brunt of your attack. The entire right side was raw and bloody, having been skinned when he was dragged across the pavement. That had to hurt like a bitch.

You didn't have time to push yourself off the wall, barely enough time to dodge, as Stain launched himself wordlessly at you. You rolled along the wall in a failed attempt to get away, but your energy was lacking, and you felt the bite of steel slice along your left arm. He didn't waste any time, leaping back and sliding his tongue along the blade, taking in your blood.