[20] Consequences

Unlike your previous two matches, where there was a bit of banter and/or hesitation, that wasn't the case here. You and Shouto immediately leapt into action, knowing full well that even a second of hesitation would lead to defeat in your guys' case.

Much like the past two battles Shouto led, a wall of ice was sent forward towards you. You had opted to jump high, focusing your ko on your legs for your descent as your legs hit the ice below. Instead of sliding like most people expected, you shattered right through, shards of ice flying every which way.

You needed to get close! As long as Shouto had enough distance to put ice towards you, you were at a disadvantage, and both of you knew it as he sent wave after wave of ice. You had to be quick in channeling your nen, switching ko between legs and arms as you barreled through the ice. Distantly, you heard Present Mic shouting, but you were hyper-focused on your goal of reaching Shouto.

Realizing that just plain walls of ice weren't doing it, spikes were sent your way, forcing you to jump up in the air as the ice followed you. While you could break out if you got caught, you weren't sure you wanted to deal with the cold that would inevitably follow being trapped in ice. Besides, you couldn't allow Shouto that opening, not now. Flipping in the air, you slammed your foot down on the spikes. While cold had seeped through your clothes, the ice gave in, allowing you access to Shouto as you came back to the ground.

You were in close range now, and you could not give him the opportunity to knock you back! Sliding on the concrete and causing the back of your pants to rip slightly, you aimed a harsh kick to Shouto's left shin, causing him to kneel on the injured leg. Almost underneath him when you stopped, you grabbed his arm and flipped him over you - unfortunately, it was towards the center of the arena, but the way you were positioned made it your only choice.

Infuriatingly enough, Shouto managed to land on his feet, twisting out of your grip. Realizing your head was at his feet and not wanting to risk him kicking you in the face (Would he do that? You weren't sure.), you swung your legs back in a backwards somersault, headbutting his right knee in the process. The collision was harsh, and while it had hit Shouto hard, your poor head was swimming for a moment, the arena spinning around you.

"Gghh... You must drink a lotta milk or somethin..."

Even though you were only daze for a few seconds, it was all you needed as Shouto hoisted you up and started to drag you to the edge of the arena. Seriously?! Was he patronizing you or some shit?!

Feet dragging behind you, you found purchase, trying to twist your arm out of his grip before doing the only thing that was on your mind.

You decked him right in the face.

It wasn't with your dominant hand, but you landed a nasty blow just above his eye on his brow bone, right where his scar was.

Damn, that's kind of fucked up . . . Do scars bruise?

The force of your punch had finally gotten him to let go as he stumbled back, sending a harsh wave of ice towards you that swept you off your feet. You were still in the arena, but being on the ice was not good. It was too hard and you were slipping around!

Okay, time to activate it! I got one good hit in, but I need to finish this.

As you activated your ren, your body glowed a soft yellow, your hair floating up. Not that it mattered, only you could see the yellow glow unless there was another nen user nearby using gyo on their eyes. The ice underneath your feet melted away quickly, allowing you to be back on even land.

"Things look like they're getting serious once again! The fight is picking up!"

The two of you moved at the same time. Just as you darted forward at a faster speed, Shouto had sent a stronger ice brigade towards you. You barreled through as if it was nothing, but as ice shattered around you and clouded your vision for a moment, you missed Shouto's immediate follow-up attack.