END 7: Kaminari Denki

"My decision . . . Guys, I'm . . . I'm going to go back, of course, but I want to stay here just a bit longer. Just to get one last goodbye in, for closure."

Kurapika nodded in understanding, a look of hesitation crossing his face. "[Y/n] . . . If you want to stay, you should. You should do what you think is best."

Blinking, your eyebrows furrowed together. "No, no, I don't want to stay here, but... I need to come to terms that I'll be leaving some people behind that I'm going to miss."

Kurapika nodded in understanding, before nodding again towards you in a somewhat awkward manner. "I suppose, then... I'll see you around, [Y/n]."

With that lackluster goodbye, he stepped through the portal first, with Leorio stepping forward. Before he could ask anything — and you were pretty positive on what he was going to ask — you pulled him into a tight hug. You stayed like that for a moment before pulling away and giving him a rueful smile.

"Leorio . . . I'm sorry."

Even though Killua and Gon were somewhat confused by your apology, Leorio understood as he nodded once, ruffling your hair. "Don't sweat it," he gently told you, and although he gave you a smile, you could see it was strained. ". . . I'll see you later, [Y/n]." With that, he, too, followed Kurapika through the portal.

Meanwhile, Gon and Killua were staring at you and where Leorio was in confusion, although Killua picked up on it in a way that made you feel embarrassed.

"You had a thing with that old geezer?!"

Immediately you had felt your face heat up as you glowered at Killua. "FIRST OF ALL, he's only two years older than me! And second — just — shut the hell up, brat!"

At your lack of denial, Killua started to snicker, with Gon looking back and forth in confusion. "Nee-chan... and.... Leorio....?"

Oh god, his brain looked ready to fry. Pulling Gon into a quick hug and kissing his forehead, you started to usher him and Killua towards the portal.

"Don't worry about it," you hastily said. "Now go on and I'll, uh, meet up with you guys in a bit!"

"Oh! Alright!" Gon turned around and hugged you quickly, before shooting Killua a grin that caused the pale teen to blush. Oh — that was interesting. "Come on, Killua! Let's go!"

He ran through the portal, and Killua immediately ran after him, not even bothering to give you a goodbye.

How typical.

With your four friends gone, you closed the portal and sighed before collapsing onto the ground in a sitting position, your arms propping you up from behind with your legs splayed out in front of you.

You wanted to give U.A. and this world one last goodbye before you left, but you were also extremely tired, exhaustion nearly taking control. After a moment of sitting up, you laid back onto the grass, huffing and closing your eyes as you began to think.

You would miss everybody once you left — there was no denying that, and a part of you felt guilty with some of the problems still unresolved. Sure, your villains were out of this world now, but that didn't magically solve everything. There were still nomu with nen, thanks to Pariston Hill, not to mention that your very existence has aggravated Shigaraki and his shitty garage band. Even with you gone, that man-child was probably going to retaliate once they got over their epic defeat.

Well, shit, now you were wondering if you should stay here.

On top of all the problems, you had your own personal problem to deal with: feelings. Yuck. You didn't even think you had room to grow crushes, but since appearing in this world, you had been constantly proven wrong. Talk about ironic; the teen obsessed with battle and fighting to be reduced to nothing but a lovesick, high school girl.