HXH TRUE END

It had been two months since you had left the "quirk" world and back to your own world. Even though it had been two months, though, life carried on, and you were immediately swept in the whirlwind of another adventure.

There was no rest for the wicked, it seemed.

As it had turned out, time traveled a bit faster in this world than it did back in your world. While you had been off playing hero and going to school at U.A., Gon and Killua — along with Bisky, of course — had finished Greed Island and collected all of the cards. The Bomber, Genthru, had been stopped as well, but only after he nearly blew your little brother's arm off.

Obviously, you and Ai had returned that favor without so much as batting an eyelash.

Karma.

The prize of completing Greed Island was the ability to take one card into the real world. Since you hadn't technically completed Greed Island, you got exempt from this rule, but Gon took the "accompany" card back into the real world with him so the three of you could travel straight to Ging . . .

Only for the card to be rigged.

Ging clearly didn't want to be found, and instead of taking your group to Ging, the three of you had instead appeared at the feet of a new person: Kite, Ging's former student. Had he known about Ging's whereabouts? No. In fact, he was on a completely different task, and that's what you, Gon, and Killua had all gotten roped into helping with.

Ant extermination.

Your help actually made sense; according to Kite, the threat — these "Chimera Ants" — were from The Dark Continent, much like you and Ai. They were cannibalistic predators that were sentient and had a huge taste for human flesh. Now, you weren't terrified of bugs, but that didn't mean you wanted to be fighting giant, murderous bugs that had the raw strength of yourself. At some point, you wondered if your team should call Kurapika. If you ran into any spider-like chimera ants, he'd probably be really helpful, but Gon shot your idea down, not wanting to bug the Kurta.

Besides, he probably wouldn't answer his phone.

All of this, and in the span of two months.

"We didn't celebrate Gon's birthday," you blurted out loud. Killua was the only one nearby, and he paused in what he was doing to give you a baffled look. You continued. "It was a couple weeks ago. It's almost June, now, but time has gone by so fast what with the chimera ants..."

Killua furrowed his eyebrows. "Where is this coming from?"

You shrugged, swinging down from the tree you had been perched on. "Just thinking back on the past few months since we got back here," you admitted. "It's just weird."

"You're weird."

You gave him a dry and unamused look at the lame response you received from him. Also within the past few months, yours and Killua's relationship had grown more sibling-like. As it turned out, the two of you shared a mutual exasperation over your younger brother; Gon seemed to grow more and more reckless every day, and it was fucking stressful. Good thing Killua had white hair, because he'd be certainly going gray from the amount of stress Gon caused him. Gon's behavior only had gotten worse as your group had entered NGL, a small country where the ant infestation was at its strongest.

"It's almost June," you instead continued, nearly babbling at this point. "And then it'll be July. Your birthday is in July, right?"

Killua gave you a snarky grin. "What, are you going to get me a birthday present?"

You took your shoe off and chucked it at him. Unsurprisingly, he caught it before throwing it back with just as much force, if not even more, and you barely caught it yourself.