SECRET ENDING

"My decision . . . I . . ."

Everything happens for a reason, right, Ai? Including the two of us being paired together... So then...

I'll support you no matter what!

You had the ability to travel to different universes. Surely, it would be a waste if you were to settle in one world, right? You had helped out in this world and your own; other worlds had to exist too, right? And if so, now that you had a grasp on your own abilities... Really, there was no reason why you couldn't go help others in other worlds. It would be just like that game, Kingdom Hearts, that Denki had showed you!

. . .

Shit, could you delve into anime?

I don't believe it's possible to go into a fictional universe, but maybe we can!

Damn. There went traveling to Yu Yu Hakusho.

Realizing you had gotten lost in your thoughts, your friends waiting impatiently for you to spit it out, you gave everybody a charming grin. "Sorry," you apologized. "I can't go back just yet. I have a few more stops to make, first."

Understandable, your friends were suspicious.

"So you're staying here?" Leorio asked, somewhat bummed. You shook your head.

"Uh... Not quite. But it's a secret!"

Leorio, Gon, and Killua all looked lost; Kurapika didn't looked 'lost' so much as wary, getting the hint.

"[Y/n], there's still much we don't know about Ai's abilities," he warned. "Don't . . ." He stopped himself, trailing off and taking a deep breath. "Actually, you won't listen to anybody, so just... Be careful."

Killua caught onto Kurapika's words, sticking his tongue out. "You're like a tornado," he complained, "wrecking havoc wherever you go."

"Shut the hell up, punk!"

"Make me, hag!"

Um, we should probably get going...

Ai's intervention had you take a deep breath to ground yourself. They had a point — you couldn't hold this portal open forever.

"Let's just — Let's just go," you grumbled, your head starting to throb. "On the count of three?"

The five of you stepped just before the portal, exchanging glances. Obviously, this wouldn't be the last time you saw each other, but it would be a while before all five of you could reunite.

"We'll see each other soon," Gon promised, and the other four of you nodded in agreement. 'Soon' was certainly objective, but for now, it's all you had to go by.

"One," Gon started, meeting your eyes and grinning.

"Two," you countered, matching his energy.

"Three," Kurapika finished softly, an almost boyish smile on his face. None of you hesitated; at the Kurta's words, all five of you stepped in through the portal, a blinding light flashing and obscuring everything from your vision as you felt the familiar sensation of spinning that you had now grown accustomed to when it came to teleporting.

Accompanied by it was the all-consuming feeling of weightlessness.

And then, gravity.

"AI!!!!"

Screaming as you were deposited in the sky, plummeting towards an unassuming manor, you immediately activated your ren in an attempt to protect you from impact. Flipping through the air, you closed your eyes.