[39] Never a Moment of Rest

Bouncing in your seat nervously, you waited with everybody else in a tense silence to see who all had passed and would make it to the training camp in the woods. You were absolutely confident you passed the practical, but the written portion...

Well, you had been certain you passed those, too! You had studied so hard, it couldn't have all been for naught!

Around you, a few people in particular were gloomy - Eijirou, Rikido, Mina, and Denki specifically, since they all definitely did not pass the practical. Izuku had tried to cheer them up to no avail, and now you were all waiting impatiently for Aizawa to speak as he stood in front of the class, as stoic as ever.

"Unfortunately, we did have some people who didn't pass."

Not me, though!

"As for the training camp in the woods... Everybody's going!"

You let out a sigh of relief, shaking your head. Leave it to Aizawa to pull a bullshit twist like that, but you weren't about to complain. As your other classmates cheered, you sank back in your seat in relief.

"While some failed the practical, only one student failed the written exam."

Poor Denki, and he probably studied super hard!

"Freecss."

It must suck to --

You froze, smile stuck on your face.

"I what?"

"You failed your written exams."

Well shit.

—·—·—

"Aww, cheer up, [Y/n]! At least we all still get to go to the summer training camp! And we're going to the mall tomorrow!"

Currently eating lunch with the Bakusquad - Hanta, Mina, Denki, Eijirou, and Katsuki - you were currently drooping in disappointment.

"I studied so hard, only to fail every portion of the written exams except for math..." Talk about a blow to your ego. You could already hear the stern lectures that Kurapika was going to give you when he found out just how bad you had did, and that was not a conversation you were looking forward to.

Scoffing as he ate his food, Katsuki fixed you with a level glare. "Maybe if you weren't such an air-headed idiot, you would have fucking passed."

Drooping even more, you shoved your tray away and leaned your head against the table.

"An air-headed idiot, huh...."

"OI, Bakugou, look what you did! You made it worse!"

As Denki and Katsuki started to argue, Mina poked at your cheek, making you turn your head so you could face her. She grinned, leaning down slightly. "We're going to the mall, so we can do that purikura booth again if you want?"

You gave her a tight smile. "It's better if I don't go to the mall right now, I have a lot of other things I need to do before the trip." It was a lie, but a necessary one. With the mall being crowded, Aizawa didn't want to risk you going there and running into a villain, and besides, you were going to join Kurapika and Hawks on a little side quest. Since they could tell there was still a portal open, the three of you were going to run around Musutafu and see if you could all find it. It may have some answers to your constant-growing list of questions!

Mina and the others, save for Katsuki, were understandably bummed but didn't try to argue with you.

Finishing up your food, still not as hungry as before, you couldn't help but wonder when you had gotten so invested into this school stuff. At first you had been dismissive, and probably wouldn't have cared if you failed your exams, but now?