[40] Revelations

After the revelation of Illumi Zoldyck being in this world, Kurapika had gone off to a corner to call Hawks and discuss the situation with him.

"Was that the unknown nen user?" Izuku asked, and you shook your head thoughtfully.

"No," you replied. "Illumi isn't a nen exorcist - those are people who can remove nen effects and curses. He's an asshole manipulator who emotionally abused my friend - his younger brother - Killua." You grit your teeth. As somebody who was basically an older sister to Gon, you couldn't imagine ever treating him the way Illumi treated Killua.

It was unforgivable.

Izuku looked troubled, but it was Ochaco who spoke up next, her voice thoughtful. "So this mystery nen user, is he behind it all?"

"Seems like it."

Thinking about the situation, it just didn't add up. Illumi, Chrollo, and Hisoka were all confirmed to not be the "mysterious nen user", which meant somebody else was after you. But who? There wasn't a single other person that you could think of that would want you dead, and yet you had a feeling deep in your gut that you did know who this person was. It was on the tip of your tongue, the person right within your mind's grasp, but the thought was slippery like water. Each time you tried to grab onto it, the name and face slipped through your fingers, bringing you back to square one.

Just who else was in this world? Who had it out for you? You were impatient and wanted to know now. Even more so, you wanted to know why.

Before you all could talk more about Illumi and what this meant for the heroes and villains alike, as well as who else could possibly be in this world, the door opened to reveal Principal Nezu, smiling as easily as ever.

"With classes over, it's best you all come back so we can have a discussion with the rest of your class. Mr. Shinsou, would you mind coming along, too? And Kurapika, of course!"

Kurapika looked over and nodded sharply, bidding 'goodbye' to Hawks on the phone. Your little ragtag group followed Nezu down the halls until you all got to the familiar towering doorway to Class 1-A. Nezu ushered you all in first, and you could see your classmates' faces light up at your guys' reappearance. You also saw a familiar yet unexpected face, brightening up.

"Ah, Jire! Why are you here?"

The third year student smiled brightly, accepting your hug with open arms. "Long time no see! I heard you failed your written exams!"

The way Nejire had worded it was much too bright and happy for the reality, and you wilted, pouting. "It's not my fault it's in another language," you muttered. The teen just laughed, patting your head like a child.

"Excuse me, Aizawa-sensei, but what is going on?" The politely worded question came from none other than Momo, who looked confused by the weird after class meeting. She wasn't alone - a lot of your classmates were quick on the uptake that something serious was going on, and it was certainly an oddly gathered group. Along with Class 1-A was Aizawa, All Might, Principal Nezu, Nejire, Hitoshi, and Kurapika.

Nezu spoke up, and despite his short stature, everyone's eyes were on him immediately. "I am aware this is quite unconventional, but I request I have all of your attention for just a bit. Can you all except for Freecss go sit down?"

Everybody else in your group went except for Katsuki, who looked unsure. In the end, he bumped shoulders with you, opting to say nothing as he went to his seat. He looked annoyed, but you had absolutely no clue why. Shifting from one foot to the other, you tried to remain cool and calm, not wanting to seem nervous at all. In reality, you were pretty anxious for what was to come, despite it having been your idea. If Kurapika didn't stay standing by you, you might have been even more anxious.