[60] Departure

Once you were discharged from the hospital, you weren't allowed a moment of rest. With Ai's strength returning fast, you were swept in a whirlwind of chaos, forced to pack and make preparations and say your goodbyes. Earlier, you had thought it was surreal — you recanted that statement.

This was much more than surreal.

They day of your dated departure would be the day everybody would be moving into the U.A. dorms, allowing you to hang out with all of your friends for one last time before you left. It seemed to be getting closer and closer, and the morning of the event, you awoke feeling anxious.

Have you still not decided yet?

Ai's voice had become commonplace in your day-to-day life, often piping up unprompted now.

No. Yes. I don't know!

Ai's giggle echoed through your head as you swung yourself out of your bed drearily. Coming up with a more permanent decision was difficult, especially one of this caliber. Everybody was pulling you to different sides. Your classmates wanted you to stay here. Your younger brother and the people you've gone on so many adventures with wanted you to come back home — this wasn't to mention that you're pretty sure the Chairman didn't want to allow you to be off his radar.

On top of that, there was unfinished business in both worlds. The League of Villains was still running rampant in this world, not to mention you were FINALLY getting the hang of school. Continuing to go to U.A. and getting your hero license seemed fun — how badass would you seem, having both a hunter AND hero license?

However, Chrollo was back in your world and with nen, no less. Surely, Kurapika was going to have his hands full and could use the help. On top of that, leaving Gon behind in another world left you with such a heart-wrenching feeling that you wanted to cry. It was obvious that you were a bit dependent on your younger sibling, over-doting on the point of smothering him. You couldn't help it, though! The younger teen literally attracted trouble!

The situation was so anxiety-inducing that you just wanted to rip out your hair and scream in frustration.

You didn't want to bring back a lot to your world. You couldn't; it was hard to travel and go on adventures when you were bogged down by material possessions. After thinking, you had decided to bring a small bag back to your world (if you even went back). Your phone — the one you just bought a week ago — had already been lost. With that out of the way, you had a few different photo booth strips, a couple changes of clothes, and snacks that you couldn't find back in your world, all stuffed into your backpack.

That was it. Photos. Clothes. Food. You wondered what Aizawa would do with the rest of your stuff. It was hard to see him using your bedroom as a guest room since he certainly wasn't a hospitable person. Would he sell it, then? Give it away? Did it matter anymore? It wasn't really your business, since you were leaving it behind.

Lips thinned in displeasure, you finished your morning routine, giving your bedroom one last, bittersweet glance to ensure you didn't forget anything.

Will I ever see this again?

Cheer up! You don't want the others to see you sad!

Ai had a point, and so after slapping your cheeks twice, you bounced out of your bedroom.

You had been instructed to be at the school earlier, and to go to Nezu's office to discuss your "discharge" from this world, and that's exactly what you did first. By now, the walk to U.A. was etched permanently in your memory. The way to Nezu's office was the same; you didn't have to worry about getting lost anymore.