5K Special: What If?

how did this story get 5k hearts on quotev um?!!?

anyways, to celebrate 5k hearts i am doing a THREE PART SPECIAL for y'all! i love you all sm, thank you guys for continuing to read and support this crazy fic! part one of the special is just a lil series of "what ifs" — basically, what if something was done differently? how would it have gone? part two is going to be a crack chapter, and part three... is up to you all! what would you like to see? a continuation of one of the endings? an au? comment what you want, and i'll put everything through an RNG to randomly select one thing for part 3 of the 5k special to write for you all.

for now, please enjoy these lil scenarios!

(also, reason is over three years old now and finished a year ago.... WHAT)

WHAT IF... the League of Villains found [Y/n] first?

After falling from such an insane height, if you weren't outright dead, you would have expected to wake up in a hospital.

Instead, you woke up in a dingy room, with peeling paint and the unpleasant smell of mildew. Death may have been the better option than waking up in a serial killer's lair. Could you handle a serial killer? Duh. Still, it was just annoying to deal with.

"What the actual fuck..."

Swinging your legs over the bed, you examined your arms and legs for any cuts or bruising. It looks like your nen had healed you up, so while you felt a bit sore and tired from the nen usage, you were pretty much in tip-top shape.

"Oh, you're awake. That's good."

In walked a — person?? — being shrouded in black mist, holding a tray with water, toast, and scrambled eggs. Your stomach rumbled at the food, but you tried to show restraint in case it was poisoned. Still... It smelt so good...

Aw, fuck restraint. Hastily thanking the stranger, you started to eat. If they wanted to kill you, they would have done so while you were sleeping instead of waiting for you to wake up to be poisoned. Right? Right. While you were eating, the man introduced himself as Kurogiri, before letting you know his master would be coming in shortly.

Sure, whatever.

"Can I get some more?" Taking your empty plate, Kurogiri reassured you that he would grab you more food and left, just as somebody else slouched in.

Now, you weren't one to judge people on their looks too much. Sometimes, the shadiest looking people could be nice, and the nicest looking people could be mass murderers. This guy, however, was definitely some type of serial killer or psychopath. You could not be convinced otherwise. A hood pulled over his head, messy, light blue hair peeking out that looked a tad bit greasy. His skin was scarred, and his lips were hella chapped. Man, this guy needed to drink some water and maybe invest in a good lip balm. His eyes were also a piercing red, with eyebags lining them like he never slept. Maybe he didn't.

Did you feel threatened, though? No. This guy was so lanky, you could probably snap him in half like a glowstick.

"Yo." You nodded at him, kicking your legs out lazily as you continued to sit on the bed. The man didn't sit down in the chair opposite the bed. He continued to stand, a hand reaching up as two fingers lazily picked at the back of his neck. You noticed the state of his nails and cuticles. A manicure was much needed. Actually a self-care day in general.

"Do you know why you're here?"

"Probably because I fell from the sky and you're either holding me hostage orrrrr want my help. Maybe even both. Both seems about right." You nodded to yourself. "Did I wind up back in York New? I have no clue where that card sent me, honestly." God, getting back into Greed Island was going to be a nightmare. Why did you get ejected from the game?!