[49] Intruders

"Oh HELL no!"

Upon seeing the clown gracefully bust through the window, you stood back up and immediately threw your science book at him, making sure to use ko to reinforce it. Hisoka deftly dodged it, and where it had impacted the wall, it left a small crater.

From behind, Hanta whistled.

Holding his hands up placatingly, Hisoka gave you all a wanton smile. "I'm not here for trouble, [N/n]." Nobody made a move to attack him yet, not even Vlad King.

"Then what the fuck are you here for?"

Finally, his smile dropped, golden eyes narrowed. "If I hand you over to the League, I won't get to fight you, so I guess you could say . . . I'm switching sides~."

Not trusting him for a minute, you scoffed. Hisoka was the least trustworthy person alive, and you weren't stupid enough to fall for any of his tricks. Sensing this, Hisoka continued. "You and that 'Katsuki' are their targets. Are you really going to let yourself sit in here so you can be hand delivered to the League of Villains and Pariston Hill?"

God, you knew he was just trying to trick you, and yet, you were falling for it. You didn't want to stay in this building, but the others...

Glancing over at Vlad King imploringly, you ran through your current options and their possible outcomes. ". . . He's right. We need to get somewhere more secure."

This surprised Hisoka. "You're not going to fight?"

Annoyed, you shot over a withering glance, crossing your arms. "If they are really after me, the last thing I need to be doing is charging into battle. I'm not stupid."

"Oh, you do know how to surprise me.~"

At Hisoka's characteristic moan, you shuddered, nearly gagging. "Okay. Okay. Please fuck off, you Dollar Store John Gacy."

While your reference was lost on Hisoka, Mina and Hanta immediately began to choke on laughter, the former clutching onto your arm as she wheezed. Hisoka just gave a sly smile.

"As you wish — After all, I do want to pay another visit to Gon.~"

That certainly was enough to erase all humor as your eyes widened in outrage. "You stay the FUCK away from my brother, you asshole!" If it weren't for Mina, Eijirou, and Rikido all holding you back from charging at Hisoka, you would have definitely started a fight. Instead, Hisoka gave another amused look before waggling his fingers and going back out the shattered window.

Well, if anything, he at least knew how to make quite the entrance.

Breaking free from your friends and rubbing your temples, you groaned. "Vl— Kan-sensei," you corrected yourself, scratching the back of your neck. "We need to get somewhere with more cover. No windows, preferably," you tacked on, eyeing the broken one warily. For a moment, you thought he would deny your request, but then he gave a sharp nod.

"Eraser Head told me you were reckless, so I expected you to go running off," he admitted in a gravelly voice. While you were affronted, you didn't say anything, letting him continue. "Let's go. You kids go first, I'll cover the back so I can see everything better."

It was a solid plan, and soon you all had left the classroom, only to run into another gaggle of people — thankfully, just more classmates.

"Tenya?"

Tenya looked stressed and frazzled, and he wasn't the only one. With him were Mineta, Mashirao, and Koji, each having varying stages of panic written on their faces. Vlad King was quick to explain what was going on.