[50] Budding Chaos

You didn't blame your friends whatsoever as they all started to panic, your face heating up slightly.

"Guys, guys! Chill, it's going to be fine. It has to be fine. Okay? So just, come with me, we can't be out in the open right now."

It took a lot of soothing words and urgent pushing, but finally you had managed to get your group into a nearby hotel — ironically, the Hotel Beitacle. The last time you were here, you had wound up as one of the Phantom Troupe's hostages. Good thing this time was different.

The five of you clearly stood out, with dirt and soot sticking to your clothes and skin. As you approached the lobby desk, the receptionist gave you all a disdainful look.

"I'd like to rent a suite here."

The receptionist — her nametag read 'Millie' — pursed her lips. "The Hotel Beitacle is a pricey hotel. I doubt you'd be able to rent out one of our sofas, let alone our suites."

One of your friends tugged on your sleeve — it was Denki. "Come on, she's right. What are you doing?"

Shrugging him off, you reached into your back pocket, glad your card hadn't fallen out during all of the commotion. It had been a useless habit, carrying your license around in the other world, but here? It was all you needed to survive. Putting your Hunter License on the counter and sliding it to Millie, you gave a tight smile.

"I'm [Y/n], a pro-hunter, and I would like to rent the biggest suite you have. Feel free to put it all on my hunter credit."

Millie's mood did a 180, brown eyes lighting up. "Oh, sorry about that, Ms. [Y/n]! I'd be glad to check you into one of our penthouse suites. How long will you be staying?"

"What the hell?" Hanta muttered behind you, scratching the back of his head in confusion. He went ignored.

"Could we keep it a night-by-night basis for now? I'm unsure of how long we'll be here."

Millie nodded, immediately swiping your card and handing you the receipt, before handing out a couple of room key cards to you and your group. "You will be on floor 50, in room 5004. Enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions or needs, please feel free to call down and I'll answer right away!"

With that explanation, the purple-haired receptionist waved you all off as you steered your friends to the elevators. Only when you all got in, and the doors closed, did you start getting bombarded with questions.

"What the hell was that?!" Neito asked, and Mina shook you in excitement.

"WHOA, are you famous here? Rich? Both?!"

Denki and Hanta both seemed to be on the same track as Mina, and you snorted, shaking your head. "Neither. In this world, the top 1% are called 'Hunters'. There's this really hard exam to pass, and the perks are, like, out of this world. I passed the exam, and so did my friends, so I get a free pass to do almost anything I want!"

Just as you had said that, the elevator doors opened. For being such a big hotel, the 50th floor only had four rooms, each spaced apart. Likely, the penthouse suites were like miniature apartments.

Sure enough, when you had found your hotel room and opened it, everybody fell quiet, taking in the grandeur. It was way nicer than Aizawa's, and furnished just like a high-end apartment. Two sofas sat opposite from each other with a glass table in between — an open door revealed a just-as-large bedroom with two king sized beds, and on the other side of the suite was a small kitchenette, completed with a tiny stove and refrigerator.

Letting the door shut behind you all, Neito was the first to break the silence, turning on you immediately, a visage of rage. "What the hell have you done?!"