[16] Chuunibyou

"Let's go, U.A., let's go!"

Cheering and waving your pom-poms around, you didn't hesitate to join the other girls in cheerleading. As it turns out, a cheer battle doesn't involve actual fighting. These terms were really misleading, honestly, but you weren't about to complain right now. You were having much too fun prancing around in your outfit, and unlike your more shy friends, you definitely didn't mind the attention. Around you, everybody was participating in the scavenger hunt. You were honestly half-tempted to join in, but weren't entirely sure.

"Quick, I need something orange!"

Eijirou had run up to your group, and you were first to comply, giving your friend a grin.

"Here ya go!"

Without any further hesitation your hands went to the hem of your shirt, starting to pull it up before Momo, Kyoka, and Eijirou quickly put a stop to that. Momo yanked down your shirt, whacking your hands away, while Kyoka quickly covered so nobody would see your slip up. Meanwhile, Eijirou was waving his hands around in panic, a blush so red it matched his hair present on his face.

Once the three were reassured that your shirt was going to stay on, Momo scolded you. "Have you no shame?!"

". . . Not really, no. Besides, I'm wearing a sports bra underneath this anyways?"

You were clearly stressing Momo out, and she reminded you somewhat of a tired mom. Turning to Eijirou, who was still heavily embarrassed by what he almost saw, you shrugged as if it was just an ordinary thing for you to strip in a stadium of thousands. "I'll just come along with you, then, so you can win!"

That was a much better solution than handing your clothes to your classmate, and after bidding goodbye to your friends you happily followed him to Midnight, who confirmed Eijirou's scavenger hunt item.

"Were you really going to give me your shirt?" Eijirou asked. He was more relaxed now as he laughed, but it was easy to tell that he was still somewhat flustered as you shrugged.

"It's just clothing, right?"

"I... don't really think that's the problem here."

You didn't really see the problem either, but decided to not bother Eijirou about it as Midnight announced the next game. It seemed to be a sort of team race to push giant balls around the stadium. Turning to your friend, you grabbed his hands in excitement, and he matched your enthusiasm. "Let's be a team, [Y/n]!"

You nodded, but before you could verbally agree you felt a hand on your shoulder, causing you to pause.

"Freecss... Can we talk?"

Turning around, you realized the voice was coming from Shouto, and you glanced back at Eijirou, shooting him an apologetic glance. "I'm sorry, but maybe we can play another game together!"

Eijirou took your rejection in stride, shooting you one last thumbs up before joining up with Denki and Hanta to do the race.

Shouto started to walk out of the way and away from the crowds of people. Was he going to tell you the same stuff he told Izuku? You weren't entirely sure you were prepared for him to tell you his entire life story and trauma yet, and already felt awkward that you knew about it all in the first place when you most certainly weren't supposed to. Eventually, you two stood in a little alcove set away from the field and, more importantly, away from students.

Turning to face each other, you waited in anticipation as he just stared at you for a moment, his narrowed eyes unreadable.

"Um..."