[3] Explosive Babies

"Ya know, I've never been to school before, so I'm excited! Are we gonna fight today? When can I fight? I wanna fight!"

Brimming with excitement, you were chirpy and talking at a rate faster than Aizawa could currently handle at this time in the morning as you looked in floor length mirror, fiddling with your new school uniform. The skirt was pretty short, you weren't entirely certain it was practical for fighting in, and your tie was a bit sloppy, but you thought it was perfect. It was so cute!

Having been discharged from the hospital earlier in the morning, Aizawa had appeared to pick you up, the two of you taking a back exit to leave the hospital since the threat of nosy reporters still loomed over you. You were now in his small, one-bedroom apartment. It was messy and cramped - it wasn't that Aizawa was a slob or anything, you just figured he was too busy and tired to really care about the place. Maybe after school today, you could clean it up for him!

"You're too noisy. Let's go."

You had learned that Aizawa wasn't the most personable person, tending to speak brashly and not very often, but you let it roll right off you. Despite his attitude, you were extremely thankful. After all, that he had agreed to house you until a more permanent situation could be figured out. On top of that, him, Detective Tsukauchi, and Nezu went above and beyond in coming up with your backstory to smooth out any complications.

Your "official" identity was [Y/n] Freecss, since you had to take on a last name. After they had heard about York New City, they had decided it would be best to say you were from New York City in the United States of America. Both cities and countries seemed to be the same and sound the same, and it was the best way to explain the cultural differences, your appearance, and your inability to read or write Japanese. Obviously, you were given a fake quirk to cover up your nen, and you had promised to stay within the parameters of that "quirk".

Going even farther, Detective Tsukauchi had been more than happy to help you research New York City so if people asked about it, you could answer appropriately. You all also had to address your arrival. The media had covered it, and it was strange to just fall out of the sky - the story for that was that you had been caught up in a villain attack right when you moved to Japan, and that's how you wound up in that position.

Thanks to the three adults, you could blend in almost seamlessly.

Grinning over at Aizawa, you picked up your school bag and double-checked once more to make sure you had everything you needed. In it was standard school stuff, you assumed, as well as the most important thing - a new cell phone.

Aizawa had taken it upon himself to get you a new phone just in case anything happened. You had immediately put in the detective's phone number upon receiving it, and saw there were already a few other numbers for "emergency use only" (such as Aizawa's, Nezu's, and the mysterious All Might's whom you still haven't met yet). The phone was much more sleek and fancy looking than your previous one. And it had an interactive screen that reacted to touch! The technology here was amazing, everything was so futuristic, but at the same time it overwhelmed you.

You sort of wished you had a brief period of time to adjust before being thrust into a new place again. Not to mention, the more you fiddled with your phone, the more you realized that it was going to be otherwise useless, considering you couldn't read Japanese.

Following Aizawa, you were aware of just how different you two were. You walked with pep in your step, almost skipping with excitement as you memorized the route to your school. It may have been early morning, but you were all smiles and optimism. Aizawa, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. He didn't slouch really, but he looked tired and as if he was ready to throw himself into the void. It was honestly kind of funny.