[19] Realized Capacity

You weren't nervous per se; well, okay, you were, but not for the reasons your classmates probably thought. Pacing around, you couldn't help but be anxious about your upcoming match. It's not because you were worried about going up against Tenya. Honestly, you felt like you stood a good chance against him.

The problem was what Shouto, Hitoshi, and Katsuki had all brought up earlier. Your background. It was easily brushed off, even if two of them didn't fully believe you, but it didn't change the fact that they were suspicious. Now, you were fighting on national T.V., where the League of Villains and that other nen user could probably see, not to mention Hisoka. Was it really a smart idea for your skills to be broadcast like that when you had an unknown enemy hiding in the shadows?

Of course, it was too late to worry about that now, the damage already partially done. There was no backing out. You swore you would take that number one spot, and you meant it with all of your heart. You were just going to have to be cautious - granted, your hatsu wasn't flashy or noticeable by just sight, so at least you had that going for you?

I just won't use nen in my next match... I need a better challenge, and if I win, I'll be fighting Shouto. I'll need to conserve my nen.

That's right. Shouto. Shouto's and Izuku's fight had been brutal, with Shouto winning in the end and Izuku getting drastically owned. Painfully so. As much as you wanted to heal him, when you had entered Recovery Girl's office with intent to help with Izuku, you were immediately ejected and told to prepare for your own fight while they cleaned up and fixed the stage. You heeded the advice, going straight to the sitting room, where you were pacing by yourself.

Despite what Shouto had said to Izuku, he had wound up using his left side after all. That would prove a problem if you won against Tenya - defending against both fire and ice would be difficult, but you weren't raised to be a quitter. Besides, while difficult, the thought of such a challenge excited you, made your blood boil in anticipation at the possibility of getting to experience both sides. That was why you couldn't waste any aura on Tenya, as bad as that sounded.

Lost in your own musings, you didn't notice that somebody had walked in until they spoke up, nearly startling you.

"What the fuck are you doing, Chuunibyou?"

Unimpressed, you whirled around to meet the perpetually angry, red glare of Katsuki. Granted, he didn't look as angry as he usually did, but it didn't change the fact you had gotten a downgrade from his insult now. What was worse, you had "confirmed" Shouto's suspicion, so it's not like you could tell Katsuki you weren't delusional or else you'd be putting yourself at even more risk. The teen was already suspicious enough as it was!

"I'm thinking, you jerk. What do you want?"

He shoved his hands in his pockets, and you waited impatiently. Any moment, you'd be summoned to go out and start your fight with Tenya, so why was he hesitating?

After a moment, he finally spoke again, his voice nothing more than a grumble. "You won't lose."

Was that, dare you say, a compliment? Your hand fluttering to your chest in a sarcastic manner, you gave him the most exaggerated, touched look you could muster on your face. "Awww, Kacchaan--"

"After all, I'm going to be the one to kick your ass, not that stupid glasses guy."

Aaaaand there was the catch.

Rolling your eyes, hearing Present Mic speak up over the PA, you started to walk to the door, pausing once to speak to Katsuki.

"I'm looking forward to it."