[6-10] Anthology Chapter

[6] Purikura

"Mina, Mina, over here! Look!" Pointing out the cute little booth, your pink-skinned friend wandered over, 'oohing' at the flashing lights.

"That's a purikura booth! You want to try?"

You tilted your head to the side. "'Puri... kura'?" The word was foreign to you as you tested it out, clear confusion in your eyes. At your blatant non-recognition, she gasped dramatically, both hands flying up to her mouth.

"OKAY, that is IT. We're doing this now!"

Without further ado Mina had grabbed onto your hand and drug you into the booth, inserting a couple of yen coins to start it up. Immediately, the booth began to talk, making you jump in surprise. "What exactly is this?" you asked nervously, wondering just what exactly your friend was dragging you into.

Mina just laughed. "It's a photo booth, silly! Since you've never done one apparently, it's only customary we do this together!"

You just nodded. It was better to go along with Mina's antics than try and fight her with them, you had learned that a long time ago.

Watching in interest as different prompts came up on the screen, the two of you did various of poses. Mostly, it was just you going along with Mina's silliness, trying your best to play along since you had never done one of these photo booths before.

"Wait, we have to follow prompts?" you asked, confused, and Mina nodded vigorously as the two of you quickly got into position, the machine starting to count down before taking the picture. Right after, you guys were struck with another prompt, and you followed the process 4 more times, each time getting in adorable cute poses and just looking cute as fuck in general.

Apparently, even though the booth was done taking photos, you guys weren't done yet. Dragging you to the side of the machine, Mina showed you how you could add stickers, filters, and even change the background on the photos to make them look cute. A bit confused as you picked up the stylus, you started to doodle random stuff on on the pictures, going a bit too crazy with the vast selection of stickers that you were given.

Beep beep beep.

"Hey, I wasn't done yet!" You complained as it went away, pouting, and Mina just laughed, patting your head.

"It's timed, so you gotta be quick!"

You huffed. It was so fun to decorate the photos, why would they make it timed?!

Bouncing up and down on your heels, you waited impatiently as the photos slowly started to print, the machine deciding to take its sweet time as the two of you awaited the photos. Finally, after what seemed like a wait time of forever, with a small click the dispenser opened and out popped two tiny sets of photos.

They were honestly super cute - you and Mina looked adorable, and even though the ones you decorated kind of looked messy, you loved them all the same. In your defense, it was your first time doing this, as well!

Gingerly picking up the photo, you smiled genuinely down at it, before carefully tucking it into your wallet. "That was actually really fun! Thanks for doing that with me, Mina!"

You had a feeling you'd definitely be back with your other friends.

—·—·—