[9] Spreading Anxiety

You were late. Having spent the morning, refusing to leave Aizawa's side in the hospital, time had passed by quickly. Before you knew it, it was already past one, and now you were rushing to get around to go to the café you had promised Detective Tsukauchi to meet up at.

After the attack at USJ yesterday, all class 1-A students had been questioned, including you. Apparently a lot of students saw your efforts to fight, and you were commended for your bravery and diligence by several pros. On top of that, though, you were scolded for disobeying a direct order from a pro-hero and one of your teachers, the threat of suspension looming over your head until Nezu had stepped in, saying there was no need for you to get in trouble for doing what was right. His reasoning was that you saw somebody in trouble, and acted to help, something a "true" hero would do. While it wasn't really why you had burst in, you thanked him anyways, grateful he had fished you out of trouble. After all, it's not like you could explain that there was somebody from a different dimension on the villains' side, somebody who may or may not be affiliated with you.

After the line of questioning, you were sent to Recovery Girl, the school's nurse. There was no need to heal you. Whatever bruises and scrapes you had accumulated, you healed quickly yourself, and unfortunately she couldn't replenish your stamina. With a lollipop and a pat on the head, you were told to go home and get some rest.

As if.

As soon as you were dismissed from U.A., you had went straight to the hospital, having arrived right when Aizawa had gotten out of surgery. He was all wrapped up like a mummy, and unconscious when you got there, but he was stable. He was safe. You hadn't been here for long, but you regarded Aizawa almost as a father figure, and weren't sure what exactly you would have done if it had been fatal. After all... Wasn't it your fault that you hadn't backed him up? If you had... You could have prevented this. Right?

You wound up spending the night at the hospital. Even though the nurses insisted that visiting hours were over, they didn't make any attempt to remove you from the room. You knew they pitied you, but you didn't care as long as they didn't make you leave. Throughout the next morning, you waited around, hoping for updates and for Aizawa to wake up, but he didn't, and eventually you were forced to leave and head back to your shared apartment to freshen up before your meeting.

Because of the attack on U.A., school was cancelled for the next two days. The brief reprieve was welcomed, honestly. You were quick to learn that school was definitely not your forte. You just were not a fan.

However, you couldn't rest - the night before, you had received a call from Detective Tsukauchi asking if you two could meet up today and go over how you're adjusting and the attack on USJ. As your otherworldly secret was kept from most law enforcement and pros, not many people could handle your information with care. You had relayed the best you could to All Might and Nezu, but Tsukauchi had requested to hear it from you directly.

Which... led you to now, in a small café.

"Ah, Miss [Y/n]. Over here."

At the sound of your name, you found the plain-looking detective and sat across from him, apologizing profusely for your tardiness as he held up a hand. "It's fine, I understand a lot has happened."

Unsure, you just nodded. Neither of you said anything as the server came over to grab drink orders, and you immediately ordered a parfait with your favorite fruit, assuming the detective would pay for it. You certainly weren't going to.

When the waitress left again, Tsukauchi spoke up, his voice kind. "Miss [Y/n], it's been only a week since you've been here, and things have been... lively, to say the least. Are you, um, adjusting well here?"