[59] Diminuendo

The moment you all had appeared to where Netero was, you had fainted from over-exhaustion. A couple days later, you were waking up in a hospital bed, not unlike the day you first arrived here, although this time, you didn't wake up alone. Head resting on the end of your bed, sound asleep, was Gon. Next to him, Killua sat in a chair, reading a book.

"It's about time you're awake, dumbass." Killua didn't even look up from his book as you pushed yourself into a sitting position, scowl on your face. "You've been snoring for about two days now. It was annoying."

Careful to not wake Gon up, your lips pursed. "Good to see you too — wait, two days?! What the fuck happened?!"

Your immediate shouting woke Gon up despite your previous efforts, not to mention it alerted other people you were awake as the hospital room door swung open, Aizawa, Kurapika, and Leorio all rushing in. Behind them was Netero, Nezu, and most surprisingly, Detective Tsukauchi.

Neither Pariston nor Hisoka were in sight.

Eyes wide and frantic, you tried getting out of bed only for Leorio to push your shoulders back down, a stern yet relieved look on his face. "Don't," he said softly. "You need to rest. Everything's fine, now."

That was hard to believe. The last thing you remembered was having Ai teleport you, Hisoka, and Pariston out of the League's new hideout. After that, you must have fainted — unsurprising, really. Ai had definitely overextended themself, and subsequently, overextended your body. Still, though...

Seeing everybody's faces caused you to relax a bit as Gon rubbed his eyes sleepily, waiting a moment more before launching in to hug you, practically tackling you back to the bed. Your arms wrapped around your brother automatically, softening up. "I'm okay," you reassured him, before looking up at everybody.

"Soooo are one of y'all going to explain what happened? Or am I going to be left in the dark."

Thankfully, you weren't left in the dark as your odd group told you everything that had transpired, both while you were in your own world, and while you were passed out — and boy was it a lot.

The same time you had gone to your world with your friends, Katsuki had been successfully kidnapped by villains.

While you, Mina, Hanta, Denki, and Neito had all been getting your shit together, the pro-heroes had reconvened back in Musutafu. Around this time, two other people from your world had approached Kurapika, Leorio, Killua, and your brother. They were sent by Netero once Pariston failed to return, and had apparently been prepared to kill you to bring you in, much like how Netero originally was.

Talk about wild.

These people — Netero had called them the Cow and Dog Zodiacs — had also filled your group in about Ai and the possible danger that came with them. Of course, when Netero had arrived, he thankfully had put a rest to their concerns, but for a moment there the tensions had been high.

When you had teleported back to this world, your friends and Netero had wound up in Kurapika's apartment instead of U.A., where Aizawa and Nezu had been, too. Netero's appearance had especially shocked everybody, and he had taken it upon himself to explain what had occurred after he had found you back in your own world. Once everybody was brought up to date, Netero had assumed you had gone straight to the League of Villains to confront Pariston, causing Hisoka to offer to go check. An hour later and he had managed to find you, helping you stall Shigaraki before he could kill you.  As if he could, considering his quirk didn't work on you.

After you had brought Pariston and Hisoka back to the apartment and fainted (in which Gon bluntly announced that Kurapika had quickly caught you and carried you to the hospital later on, much to yours and Kurapika's embarrassment), chaos ensued. The Dog Zodiac, Cheadle, had become hostile towards Pariston — and once the others found out who Pariston was, it only got worse. Netero had stepped in, clearly not amused with Pariston's handling of his mission — while he hadn't done any harm himself, he had knowingly collaborated with a group of highly dangerous criminals. Being a hunter gave a free pass for most things, but with how wrong the mission could have gone, he wouldn't get away without reprimands.