[32] Secrets

arietta on quotev (quotev.com/michelleari) drew this little comic strip from the crack chapter and it's hilarious!

—·—·—

Starting school back up was... surreal, to say the least, after everything that had happened over internships. The past week had been so insane that going back to this level of normalcy just felt weird. Nonetheless, the world carries on, and you certainly weren't going to be allowed to stay home by yourself, especially in light of recent events.

The morning after you had returned home, you had to tell Aizawa everything. He had been filled in a little bit on what happened, the basics of your encounter with Hero Killer Stain. He didn't know about Kurapika or Hisoka, or the new developments that had been made. You made sure to leave no detail out, underlining the importance that there was one more person working behind the League of Villains and that a portal had been found (but you had refused to go through). Aizawa took everything in grimly and tiredly, as if he was ready to take the world's longest nap after your insane story.

Due to you essentially having a giant target on your back, you weren't allowed to be alone at all. It was really going to mess with Aizawa's patrol hours, and he had assured you that something would be done to make sure you weren't home alone at night. During the day, it was fine - you were at U.A., one of the most secure places in the country. Out in the free world, though, you were free game. You weren't even allowed to walk home with your friends anymore!

You and Aizawa had gotten into an argument over this. You felt it was unfair at this point to be keeping such a big secret from your classmates. Thrice have your friends now been put in danger because of your predicament - it wasn't just you being selfish in wanting to tell them, anymore. They had a right to know!

Aizawa, however, had forbid you from saying anything. For now. It was something that had frustrated you greatly, but even you weren't foolish enough to believe you could do whatever you want. You had texted Kurapika out of frustration, and he had just told you to be cool and to listen to Aizawa for now.

You didn't want to, but you didn't have a choice in the matter. You'd have to wait until the adults were ready to make that decision.

Getting into the classroom, the class was abuzz with talk of their internships, of the Hero Killer, and small chatter. Your gaze landed on three individuals in particular, and you all shared small, subdued smiles. You had all been told to not talk about what had happened, but at the very least you weren't alone.

With everybody talking about their internships, you found yourself gravitating towards Izuku, Shouto, and Tenya all in the back. They were talking quietly, and you greeted them just as quietly.

"H-How are you doing?" Izuku asked first, and you gave a little shrug.

"I'm okay. Just wrapping my head around everything, is all."

The three nodded, and Tenya put a hand under his chin, clearly in thought. "What happened that night, Freecss... That odd-dressed man from before said that the League of Villains wanted you. You must really be in shock."

You grimaced at the thought of Hisoka's words, and you shook your head. "I don't.... I don't want to talk about it, right now." The others nodded, knowing you weren't in the mood. It was just as well, as everybody's attention turned towards you four, clearly concerned.

"We heard you encountered the Hero Killer," Hanta said, and everybody went quiet. "Endeavor saved you all, right?"

You kept your face stoic and let the others talk for you, your face grim. That night... It was vividly ingrained into your memories, and you didn't want to dwell on it right now. Thankfully, you didn't have to, because as soon as Aizawa came in, he instructed everybody to change into their hero costumes for basic hero training.