[11] The Magician's Baile

So apparently you had totally pegged the sports festival wrong. After getting home and pestering Aizawa, he had realized you were clueless about how U.A.'s sports festival worked and sat you down, making you watch videos of previous years. It definitely gave you a better understanding of what to expect, and while you were a bit disappointed that this pretty much meant that you wouldn't be doing any dodge ball, the thought of fighting one-on-one against your classmates sounded amazing! You had seen some of their quirks, and you knew that it would provide a great challenge for you.

You were rearing to go, but Aizawa clearly wasn't done with you yet. "You have to understand that everything will be broadcast on live television. You can't make a mistake with your... nen. You have to stay within the parameters of your "quirk", do you understand?"

Groaning dramatically, you rolled your eyes but nodded. "Yeah yeah, I got it, dad. I've admitted defeat and will only use enhancer abilities. Does that sound good?"

If you could see Aizawa's face underneath the bandages, you were sure that it was unamused with your behavior, but he nodded anyways. "Just don't do anything stupid. I was filled in on what happened back at USJ, and the last thing we need right now is to attract the attention of those punks." You couldn't find it in yourself to be irritated with the lecture. After all, Aizawa had helped you a lot and was only looking out for you. You really appreciated everything he had done and is still doing for you, and so when you next spoke, you made sure to convey your sincerity.

"I won't do anything reckless, you have my word."

Of course, now that you knew the true nature of U.A.'s sports festival, though, you needed a new game plan. Just training wasn't going to work - you were going to need to start working on your nen again, and without a teacher or anybody to guide you, you knew you were in for a long two weeks. Everybody else was sure to hone in on their quirks to gather some tricks up their sleeves. If you didn't do the same, you stood the chance of being left in the dust, and that wasn't a chance you could take.

However... you could only come up with nothing.

Currently sitting in a café, you were making an attempt to write down ideas. You weren't usually one to write, but it was a good way to practice writing in Japanese as well as get your thoughts in order (although you made sure to put little side notes in your own written language to help you understand). You had an iced chocolate drink that was currently growing warmer the more time you spent ignoring the drink and glaring down at the notebook.

Even just one idea would help! Something that would help you come up with a better ability. Killua had electricity, and Gon had his Jajanken, but you? You had pure, unbridled spite and determination and a hatsu focused in regeneration and boosting your strength. That was it. Nothing cool, nothing fancy, and there was no way you would win the sports festival if you didn't have a trick or two up your own sleeves.

Leaning back in your chair, you pouted, the pen you were holding clattering to the table. Why was this so much harder than you expected?! What you would give to have Bisky back to help guide you.

"[Y-Y/n]?"

Upon hearing your name you glanced up, [e/c] meeting timid green. Seeing the familiar face of your classmate, you offered a somewhat tight smile, frustration still gnawing at you at your lack of ideas.

"Sit down! I'm here by myself anyways," you said, gesturing to the seat across from you. Seeing Izuku was a surprise, but a nice one; you definitely needed a break from the scribbled mess that was on your notebook right now. "So what are you doing here?"