Chapter 41

Betty POV

I'm not entirely sure what happened at that party last night but when Jug and I got home, Addy was in her room with Naomi and sounded upset, Jayden isn't home, and Paisley is at the Wyrm with Cameron.

I just hope none of them got hurt.

Paisley POV

I woke up and felt something warm underneath me. I cuddled into it more until I remembered what happened last night. I opened my eyes and took my head out of the crook of Cams neck. I sat up and he was looking at me softly.

I thought I would be anxious around him, but I was calm and I felt....safe.

Before either of us could say anything my eye started throbbing and I winced at the pain. I went to put my hand on it but Cam stopped me.

"Don't touch it, it'll hurt like a bitch" we both laughed lightly "I'll go grab another ice-pack" I nodded and moved off of lap so he could get up. He came back a few moments later and held the icepack on my eye. "How're you feeling today?"

"um...my eye hurts, a lot but about the uh....other thing" he nodded, respecting that I don't want to completely talk about it yet "I don't really know. Like last night when everyone was here I was really anxious and didn't want to be around anyone but here today, with you, I don't feel anxious at all. If anything I feel safer with you." I confessed and he softly smiled.

"Well I'm glad after everything that I can make you feel safe."

We stared into each others eyes, my eyes flickered to his lips and his to mine. He suddenly looked away quickly and cleared his throat.

"So last night your dad came by" my eyes widened "I didn't tell him what happened, I want you to do it when you're ready. He just said to bring you home today"

"okay" I then remembered I'm only in my dress and jacket from last night "do you know if there's any extra clothes here?"

"I'm not sure. Me and the guys usually keep a hoodie and sweatpants here in case we're too hungover to go home" we both laughed "but I'm not sure about any of the other girls"

"I'm gonna go check, I'll be right back" I got up and went to the room the parents decided to keep. I opened the drawers but didn't see any of the girls clothes. I grabbed a hoodie that said "Keller" on the back and some sweatpants and walked back towards the couch. "Um Cam?"

"what's up?"

"Do you mind if I wear your hoodie and sweatpants?" I asked nervously and he shrugged

"no, you can wear them"

"thank you!" I said happily and went back into the room to change. I walked out holding my dress and jacket and Cam went into the room and changed into one of his other hoodies but kept his jeans on.

"Ready to go?" I just shrugged. "Whats wrong? Why don't you want to go home?"

"It's just...I don't want to see Jayden yet and it's obviously not Addy's fault but I'm not ready to talk to her about it" my eyes started clouding with tears and I suddenly felt strong arms wrap around me. I hugged him back and just stayed there contently.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. If you want space from Jayden right now, tell him. If you aren't ready to talk about it, then don't. Maybe you should talk to your mom though, I think she could help you." I nodded.

"Thank you" I leaned up and kissed his cheek. We grabbed our things and walked out to the car. He opened the door for me and I plugged my phone into the aux.