Chapter 43

Wow. I disappeared for a while. I wouldnt say I'm necessarily back because I'm busy as hell but I'll try my best to write. Highly recommend re-reading the last chapter since I had to do the same and I'm the author...

Also, its been about 3-4 ish days for reference!!

Assault happened on a Friday!

Paisley POV

The next few days were weird. I was in my room most of the time. Addy's been checking on me and forcing me to eat. Mom and dad checked on me multiple times a day but they were also helping Jaxson since Aunt Jelly and Uncle Blake were struggling since they just had Mila. And with Jayden, things just weren't the same. And I'm not sure if they'll ever be the same.

He had really hurt me. In a time where I really needed my big brother, he left. He chose his girlfriend over me and I don't know if I'll ever recover from that. His girlfriend had set me up to be assaulted and he didn't bat and eye when I told him. In fact, Cam was there for me more than he was. If Addy can cut off her best friend from birth without questioning me, why couldn't he do the same with his girlfriend?

That leads me into our friend group dynamic now. I haven't really seen anyone since it happened. I just...couldn't. When something like that happens, it messes with your head. It mixes up who you can and can't trust. I never trusted Cassie, but I also never thought she'd spike my drink. So, my friendships are complicated right now. Naomi has texted and come over a few times to check on both Addy and I. I was glad someone was with Addy. I could tell she still blamed herself no matter how many times I told her otherwise. She also felt guilty for everything that happened before and I couldnt help her. Not right now. So, while she was helping me, Naomi was helping her.

I think Mason came over one or two times with Naomi but I didn't see him. I think he's keeping his distance only because he doesn't want to trigger me in any way. He's texted me and checks on me at least once a day but he doesn't want to over step. Which I am very thankful for. Bella's texted and facetimed me a lot. She's dropped in and said hi and stuff but we haven't actually hung out. The only person I've hung out with is Cam.

Cam has come over almost everyday and has been nothing more than patient with me. I always wake up with a text asking if I need anything and he's always here within an hour of me responding. Sometimes we talk or watch tv, but most of the time we just sit in a comfortable silence. I really am grateful to have such a great guy in my life. And of course the crush is still there and I like him..a lot. But I'm still not sure if he feels the same way and I can't lose him. Not right now. If I lost Cam right now I really don't know if I'd ever make it out of this black hole I feel like I'm stuck in.

The black hole is suffocating and terrifying. The day after the assault happened, Mila was born so I was able to distract both my mind and body from what actually happened. But then I went home and into my room where there are no distractions. Just the truth. I got so stuck in my thoughts that I was just laying in my bed in the dark. I was staring at my wall thinking about how every decision in my life had lead to this happening. If I hadn't tried to fight for a relationship with my siblings, if I hadn't gotten closer to Cam, if I hadn't drank that drink.

If I hadn't drank that drink.

Today's Wednesday. It's been 5 days. 5 very long days. I rubbed my eyes then looked at the time.

8:32 a.m.

I heard people walking around my house and talking about random stuff. I rolled back over and checked my phone.

Cam- good morning little J :) I hope you slept okay, lmk when ur awake

Cam- oh also school was cancelled again today because the ac is still broken so you don't have to worry about that