Chapter 18

2 years after the last part.

They are 23, Jellybean is 9. Everyone has graduated college. Cheryl and Toni are fashion designers and own a company called "T&C Designs." Veronica runs and operates "La Buonne Nuit." Archie runs "Andrews Construction" after his dad took a step back from it. Fangs runs the Southside auto shop. Kevin photographs for the register and sings at la buonne nuit. Jughead has recently published his second book and is a New York Times best selling author. Betty officially opened her organization "Voices of Hope" a year ago.

Betty POV

I woke up alone...again. For the past 2 months, Jug has been acting so weird. We never hang out just us, and when we do he barely talks to me. I can't help but think he either doesn't love me anymore or is cheating on me. I dragged myself out of bed to the closet. I put on legging and a hoodie and threw my hair in a messy bun. Then I went downstairs into the Wyrm. I sat down at a random table and pulled my phone out. I was scrolling through instagram when I saw an article about Blake Shelton cheating on Miranda Lambert with Gwen Stefani.

A/N: IDK if it was confirmed that he actually cheated or not. I just chose the first celebrity cheating scandal I could think of.

I started thinking about if Jughead was actually cheating on me. I never thought he would but now I'm not too sure. I started crying so I put my head down on the table so no one would see. A few minutes later Cheryl sat down across from me so I looked up. Her face softened one she saw my tears.

"Betty, whats wrong?" she asked and I wiped the tears away.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"You're clearly not okay. Just tell me whats wrong." she said and I stood up.

"If I say I'm fine, then I am fine! Leave me alone!" I yelled and everyone stared at us. I ran upstairs and opened the door. I instantly saw Jug and some girl at the table. My heart dropped. When the door shut, Jug looked up and widened his eyes.

"Betty? I thought you were downstairs." he said glancing at the girl.

"I-I was. But Cheryl annoyed me so I came up h-here." I said holding back all my tears and he sighed.

"Well, can you come back later. We're in the middle of something." once he said that, my heart shattered into a million pieces. I ran out the door, grabbing my phone and keys and ran downstairs. I ran to my car and let all my tears out while thinking of where to go.

I drove to Sweetwater river and just sat on the grass thinking about how shitty my life is now. I love him but clearly I'm not enough. Now, I have to move back in with my mom until I find my own place- I could move into one of the apartments in the serpent building. Crap, the serpents. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to be the queen if I'm not dating Jug anymore. All of a sudden, the skies opened up and it started down pouring. I sat there for a few minutes before deciding to get in the car and go to my moms. However, when I got in the car, I realized I ran out of gas. I sighed and got out of the car grabbing my phone, and started walking to my moms getting drenched along the way.

After 10 minutes I arrived at my moms house and I knocked on the door. When she opened the door, her face turned into concern seeing my tear stained face and soaking wet clothes. She pulled me into her embrace and I sobbed into her shoulder. After 5 minutes she broke the silence.

"Honey, go change into some of your extra clothes you keep here and then we'll talk." she said and I walked into my old room. It still looks the same, I softly smiled at that. I threw on an old pair of grey sweatpants and a black hoodie and went back downstairs. "I made you a hot chocolate and put some blankets on the couch for you. "