Chapter 2

Jughead POV

I was sleeping soundly and then I heard something loud against the wall. I got up and walked out of the office into the bar where I saw all my friends and my dad.

"Hey guys. Um- who's in the extra room?" I asked confused.
"Betty and your mom. Why?" Toni asked confused.
"Shit!" I said and ran to the room.

I opened the door and saw my mom kicking Betty.
"What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed at her. I pulled her away and pushed her out the room.
"Oh my god" Cheryl said as everyone ran to the room. I saw Betty blacked out so I ran to her.
"Betty? Betty! Baby wake up please!?" I begged starting to cry.
"J-jug?" She opened her eyes before closing them again. I picked her up bridal styled and carried her out the room.
"I'm taking Betty to the hospital. Hog-eye you're in charge. Don't let my mom leave." I ordered as I brought Betty to Archies truck. We sped to the hospital. "Baby, you're gonna be okay. I love you" I whispered in her ears.

We finally arrived at the hospital and I ran in, with Betty in my arms.
"Help! Help my girlfriend please!" I yelled and nurses ran over with a gurney. I placed her on it and they wheeled her away.
"Sir, please have a seat. I need to ask you a few questions." I nodded and sat down.

"What's her full name?"
"Elizabeth Rose Cooper" i said.
"Age and birthday."
"She's 18, born on December 14"
"Okay, who are her parents or guardians?"
"Uh- Alice Cooper."
"Okay and lastly, what happened?" She asked and I cried.
"She uh- she was attacked." I cried putting my head in my hands.
"Okay please wait here. I'll come get you when there is news." The nurse said and walked away. I just say there with my head in my hands.

"Jughead! What happened?!" Alice asked as she ran up to me.
"My mom came back and Betty calmed me down and I fell asleep. When I woke up, my mom was attacking her. I don't even know what happened. This is all my fault." I cried.
"Jughead, this is not your fault. It is your mothers." Alice said calming me down. Then we saw Veronica, Archie, Toni, Cheryl, Kevin, Fangs, and my dad walking in.
"How is she? Any news?" Kevin asked.
"No. They said they'll get us when there is news."

We all just sat in silence. No one knew what to do or say. Then, a doctor walked out.

"Alice Cooper?"
"Hi, that's me."
"Okay. Elizabeth is okay. She has cuts and bruises and a few bruised ribs, but nothing is broken. She will need to rest for 1 week." The doctor said and we let out a breath of relief.
"Can we see her?" Toni asked.
"You can sit in there. She isn't awake. But, we'll allow 2 of you you to sit in there." The doctor said and we all nodded. Alice and I walked in and sat next to her bed.

2 hours later.

My phone started ringing and I looked at it. Why was Hog-eye calling me?
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hi Boss, your mom wants to tell you what happened."
"Put her on the phone." I sighed.
"HI Jug. So, I was talking to her and all of a sudden she told me to leave. She said she's the only woman who can be in your life. She attacked me, so I had to fight back. I didn't mean to hurt her that badly I promise." She said.
"Okay. I have to go." I said and hung up. Now I was confused. I didn't think betty would do something like that.

"I'm going to go get some food. Do you want anything?" Alice asked me and I shook my head no.

Then, Bettys hand moved.

"Betty? Are you awake? Do you need anything?" I said a little too quickly.
"N-no" she said and opened her eyes. "Hi" she said and smiled.
"Hi" I said and kissed her. "I need to talk to you."
"Okay..." she said confused.
"How could you tell my mom to leave and attack her?" I asked her letting go of her hand.

Betty POV

"How could you tell my mom to leave and attack her?" He asked me letting go of my hand.
"what?" I asked confused.
"You told my mom to leave and attacked her when she wouldn't so then she had to fight you. So why did you do it?" He said kind of meanly. I looked at him shocked and couldn't believe what I was hearing. He believed her, he didn't even give me a chance to explain what really happened.
"That's not what happened." I said with an attitude.
"Then what did happen?" He said the same way.
"Maybe I would tell you if you actually gave me the chance. But no, as soon as I wake up from being knocked out by the person claiming I attacked them you said I started it. And that I attacked them which is the opposite of what happened. Because, in reality she told me to break up with and leave you because I would get in the way and I said no and that's when she attacked me. So, maybe next time you should give your girlfriend that has been there for you for 2 years a chance to explain herself before you believe your mom who left you for 5 years." I said and turned away from him.
"Betts-"
"Save it." I replied. "She wanted me to break up with you anyway so now she's causing us to fight and I really don't want to right now because I'm in pain. So please. Just stop." I said crying.
"Betty, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I was stressed about my mom and you and I wasn't thinking. I know you wouldn't do something like that." He said and I turned towards him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me. "What're you doing?" He laughed.
"I want cuddles." I whined.
"Betts I cant go in the bed with you. We're in the hospital."
"But I want cuddles." I said getting tears in my eyes.
"I'm sorry but-" he stared but I turned away from him and started crying.
"Baby, please don't cry." He said and tried to console me. Then I felt the bed dip beside me and I turned around and smiled. I cuddled into his side with my head on his chest. "You're an enigma, Cooper." He said and with that I drifted off to sleep again.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment what you want to happen later in the book! Xoxo