Chapter 42

Hey, sorry I kinda disappeared. I needed some time to myself to gather my thoughts and everything. I am in a better mental space than I have been in years. I appreciate all the comments and messages more than you will ever know. Without further ado...lets get into this chapter!

I strongly recommend reading chapter 41 again just as a little recap...

Paisley POV

"thank you for believing me" Addy smiled and gave me a hug.

"You don't need to thank me Paisley. Mom has always taught us to believe the victim until proven otherwise, and I know you wouldn't lie about this. Cassie also was the one who got you the last drink you had before you started acting drunk. But I really am sorry, I should've put the pieces together and known something was up. I will do anything you need and be there for you every step of the way. I love you" I looked up at her and saw the tears streaming down her face

"I love you" I cried and hugged her again. "I-I think first we need to prove it to Jayden. But at the same time I don't want to. I want a brother who will believe me over his girlfriend." I explained

"Proving it to him and forgiving him aren't the same thing P. You can prove it to him so you'll feel better about yourself but you don't have to forgive him afterwards. Not until you're ready." she reassured me.

"How do we prove it to him though?"

"Heres what I was thinking..." Addy started.

Later that day....

Addy and I walked into the living room where Jayden and Cassie had been hanging out all day.

"hey J, I need your help on my physics project, can you come to the kitchen for a second?" Addy asked

"yeah, sure" he got up and followed Addy to the kitchen. I awkwardly sat down on the couch opposite of Cassie.

"I know what you're trying to do" she snapped

"what do you mean?" I asked confused

"Don't act dumb, you're trying to get me to admit to spiking your drink when we both know I didn't"

TRIGGER WARNING- THERES MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AND SUICIDE SO IF THAT TRIGGERS YOU SKIP OVER THIS*

"Actually, that wasn't my plan at all. I was just going to ask you what I could do to make you like me or at least put up with me." she laughed sarcastically.

"Easy, nothing. There isn't anything specific that you did it's just your existence that bothers me. You're always there taking attention from me. You're always asking your brother or sister for rides when we had already made plans. The only times you aren't in the way are when you're anxious, depressed, or not eating. So, I figured out a way to solve everyones problem."

"how is that?"

"I found out your triggers. When I trigger you, you shut down which leads to you leaving everyone alone. Except, you started getting more clingy recently so my planned stopped working."

"So you spiked my drink so I would leave everyone alone?"

"no, bitch! I spiked your drink so you would eventually off yourself!" she yelled and I heard people gasp. When I looked over I saw Jayden standing there shocked and Addy looked pissed.

"Get the hell out of my house." Jayden told Cassie in the meanest tone I've ever heard him speak in. She tried arguing but eventually left. As I past J on the way to my room, he spoke. "Paisley, I'm sorry." I turned around and narrowed my eyes at him.