Chapter 4

Betty POV

When his mom walked in, her eyes widened with rage.
"What the hell is going on?!" She yelled.
"Well, this kid ran into betty so, Betty bandaged her up and then she fell asleep on her." Toni explained with attitude.
"Give me the child." His mom scolded.
"Gladys. Let her sleep." Fp commanded.
"No." Gladys said as she walked over to me and the little girl. She went to grab her but the girl woke up and wouldn't let go of me. "Let go of her you little brat!" She yelled.
"No!" The little girl yelled through tears. Then, before I could stop her Gladys slapped the little girl on the cheek. Then, I saw Toni grab Gladys and pull her away.
"Leave! And don't ever think about coming back!" Fp yelled. I just sat there consoling the little girl trying to figure out what just happened.

Finally, after 10 minutes the little girl had calmed down.
"So, what happened?" I asked still sitting in Jugs chair with him and FP on the couch.
"So, Gladys found out she was pregnant after she left and had her." He said pointing to the little girl. "Her name is Forsythia, but Jellybeans her nickname. She's 4 and Gladys came to bring her to me because she doesn't want her." Fp sighed.
"Wow" I said in shock looking at the little girl who was playing with my hair.
"So, how did you get her?" Jughead asked still confused.
"I was walking to the bar and she ran into me and started crying. I bandaged up her knees but then she fell asleep and wouldn't leave me." I sighed and Jug smirked.

We sat there for an hour trying to figure out what to do.
"She's obviously coming with us. I mean, she is my daughter. But, there's so much we need to figure out. We need to make her a room, put her in preschool for the fall, find childcare for when I'm working" Fp sighed clearly stressed.
"Dad. Don't worry about child care. I can watch her, and I'm sure the serpents will love her. I can also help with her room." Jug said.
"Jug, I love you but if you design her room, it will be so boyish so I'll do that." I said and they chuckled.
"Okay so we have that. But, she needs clothes." He said and they both looked at me.
"Why are you looking at me?" I asked confused.
"Well, you claimed I would make her room boyish so while you shop for her room, you can shop for clothes." Jughead said smirking.
"I never said you didn't have to come with me." I said and he playfully rolled his eyes.
"Okay, I'll shop for her clothes and room." I said.
"Thank you, Betty. If you guys don't have anything planned you can go tomorrow and I'll give you my credit card." He said and we nodded.
"Well, we should go back out. Everyone's probably curious." Jughead said and we nodded. I put jellybean on the floor and she looked at me with tears in her eyes. I bent down to her level.
"What's wrong?" I asked her.
"I scared" she cried jumping into my arms.
"Why?" I asked hugging her back looking at Jug with a 'what do I do?' look. He just shrugged.
"Mommy scary." She said and we all looked sad.
"Mommy won't hurt you anymore. She went bye bye. Do you want to know something cool?" I asked her and she looked at me and nodded. "Your daddy and brother are both here and you can meet them whenever you want." I told her.
"Are they mean like mommy?" She asked scared.
"No. Your dad is the most caring and kind dad in the whole world. And your brother, he may look tough and scary but he is actually the softest and sweetest guy in the whole world." I told her and she smiled at me.
"Where are they?" She asked curiously.
"Right there." I said and pointed to them. She looked back at me unsure. "Do you want me to go with you?" She nodded and I picked her up.

"Jellybean, this is your daddy and this is your brother, Jughead." She giggled at the name. "It is a little silly, huh?" I said to her and jug smiled at that. "Do you want to go see your daddy?"
"Yea!" She said and jumped to Fp.
"Hey, there. Do you want something to eat?"
"Yea" she said and we all smiled.
"Do you want a burger?" He asked and she nodded. They started to walk out of the room. "You guys coming?" He asked me and jug.
"Yea, one sec" jug responded and Fp left the room.

"How did it go with your mom?" I asked him with concern laced in my voice.
"Good. The answer was what I suspected and it didn't bother me that much if I'm being honest. How are you feeling?"
"I'm okay, just sore. But, how do you feel about having a little sister?" I asked putting my hands are his neck.
"It's crazy. Like, I don't even know how to act around little kids and now one is going to be living with me." He sighed.
"Jug, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just get to know her and don't show the scary side of you." I said giggling and he kissed me.
"You wanna go out there?" He asked and I nodded. We walked back into the bar hand in hand.

"Hey guys. How is....everything?" Kevin asked us as we approached them.
"Well, I'm okay just a little sore." I said.
"And I just found out I have a 4 year old sister, so that's.....crazy." Jughead sighed and I kissed his cheek.
"I'm going to go grab some food because I'm STARVING! Do you want anything?"I asked Jug and he smirked.
"You never have to ask me that." Jughead said and i laughed.
"What do you want?" I asked him.
"I'll just have a burger and fries."
"2 burgers I'm assuming" I said and he smiled. "You know me so well" he said and I laughed.
"well, it has been 2 years of putting up with you and your appetite" I said as I walked to the bar.

I walked to the bar to order food.
"Hi Tallboy. Can I please get 2 cheeseburgers with fries for jug and then for me can I have the chicken tenders with fries. Both with a Mountain Dew." I said and smiled.
"Of course. That'll be 12.00." Tallboy me. Before I could pay Fp gave Tallboy his card.
"FP-" I was interrupted.
"It's the least I could do, Betty. You've helped Jughead through a lot and now you're helping with Jellybean. Think of it as a thank you." He said and I smiled at him.
"Can I go sit with her?" Jellybean asked pointing to me.
"Do you know her name?" Fp asked her with a smile on his face. Jellybean just shook her head no. "Ask her." He said.
"What's your name?"
"Betty." I replied smiling.
"Daddy, Can I sit with Betty?" We all smiled hearing her call him her dad.
"You have to ask her if you can." He said and looked at me.
"Betty, can I sit with you?" She asked with a hopeful smile.
"Of course! Come here!" I said as I picked her up and held her on my hip. "I got some food, so we have to wait for that but then we can go see your brother. Do you remember his name?" I asked her.
"No" she said.
"Can you say Jughead?" I asked her. She tried but was struggling. "How about Juggie?" I suggested and she said right away. "Well, Juggie is your older brother. He's 18 and he is the boss of everyone in here." I said and her face lit up.
"Really?! Even you?" She asked and I laughed.
"Nope. Not her. She always tells ME what to do." Jughead said as he walked up to us.
"But Betty said you're in charge." Jelly said
"I am, but Betty doesn't like being bossed around." He told her and she giggled.

"Here you are, Betty" tallboy said as he gave me our food.
"Thank you. Jug, do you wanna eat in the apartment?" I asked him and he nodded.
"Fp, is it okay if Jelly comes to the apartment with us?" I asked him.
"Sure." He said.
"Up!" Jelly exclaimed. I went to pick her up when I winced in pain. I must be overworking myself.
"Betts, I'll get her. You get the food." And with that we walked to the apartment and ate our lunch.

Everything was working out.....for now.

^This is what jellybean looks like in case y'all were wondering

A/N: I loved writing this chapter! Please comment, it helps give me motivation to keep writing. Xoxo