Chapter 38

Paisley POV

It's been a few weeks and things are fine. Jayden and Cassie are still dating. Addy and Cassie are still best friends. I'm still left out of everything.

But at least we're not arguing.

Our relationship is better. It's not as strained. We talk, but not a lot. I think they're trying but I'm not quite sure anymore. Everything is unknown at this point.

It's Saturday and Cam just texted me that he's on his way to pick me up. I don't know what for, he's been doing this a lot. He'll just pick me up randomly and take me to Pops or somewhere else we can hang out. I haven't fully told him everything that's going on, but he's helped a lot.

*Ding*

Cam- I'm here

I grabbed my phone and went down the stairs to his car. I got in, him automatically handing me the aux chord.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked curiously

"Well I'm hungry so we're going to Pops then we can just go back to mine, or yours and watch a movie. I know you've been wanting me to watch that To All the Boys movie" he rolled his eyes and I laughed

"Okay" I giggled, I couldn't help but notice his smile. His perfectly straight teeth and his chocolate brown eyes. The way they lit up when he talked about something he loved.

I like him a lot. More than I should.

But I know he doesn't like me. To him I'm "Jaydens little sister" or "his dads friends daughter." It'll never happen. So I need to get over it.

"Hellooo, paisleyyyy" I was suddenly alarmed by a hand waving in front of my face. I shook my head and looked at Cam, zoning back in.

"Sorry, what?" I asked and he laughed

"I asked how your season was going"

"Oh, it's good. We've won all of our games so we're going to be in the state tournament which is exciting but nerve wrecking" he nodded, understanding what I'm saying since football has state tournaments too.

"Have the girls been being nice to you?" He asked and I shrugged

"All the ones on varsity are. Just- some of the girls from my old team, they're mad I made varsity. They think it's because of Jayden and Addys popularity or whatever. Sometimes it just annoying because it seems like I never earn anything myself. It's always my parents did something or my siblings did something to help." I sighed. He glanced over at me then back at the road.

"You know that's not true, right?" I looked over at him and back at my lap. "You earned varsity on your own. Yes, your brother and sister are popular but if you didn't have the skill, you wouldn't be a starter on varsity your freshman year. And about the other part, you have earned so much by yourself. Paisley, you're amazing.....at everything you do" he said and stopped at a red light. He looked at me and smiled. I looked down at my lap and blushed.

________

"Do you want water or anything before I sit down?" Cam asked as I got comfortable on the couch. I giggled and shook my head. As soon as he sat I spoke.

"Wait, actually can you get some popcorn?" I smiled and he sighed. 

"Only for you Little J" I smiled at that and looked back at the movie.

________

"Are you coming to the party this weekend?" I looked over at Cam, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "One of the football boys is having a party Friday night and pretty much anyone is invited. Do you wanna come?" He asked and I shook my head