Chapter 5

Betty POV

I woke up this morning then remembered I'm going shopping for Jellybeans clothes and room today with Jughead. I checked my phone and saw I had a text from him.

Juggie🥰- Hey Betts. Text me when you wake up so I can pick you up to go shopping. I love you ❤️

I sent him a text saying how I was awake.

Juggie🥰- what time do you want to go?"

Me- we can go now. I'm not doing anything.

Juggie🥰- okay, on my way.

It was a little chillier today, so I wore my grey sweater with my navy blue skirt that had small flowers on it with my short black converse and my black purse. I brushed through my hair and left it down in its natural waves and did a little bit of makeup. Then I heard the front door open.

"Betts?"
"Coming!" I said as I grabbed my purse and went downstairs.
"Betty!" Jellybean yelled as she ran towards me. I bent down and gave her a hug.
"Hey, Jellybean. Are you excited to shop?" I asked her and she squealed in excitement.  Jug and I laughed at her.
"Hi" I said as I walked over to him and kissed him.
"Hi. Where are we going first?"
"Well. I think we should go to Ikea to order her furniture and get paint, then we can go to target to buy all the other necessities. Then we can go to the baby clothes store!" I said excited at the last part and jughead laughed.
"Well, since we have so many stores to go to, we better get going. Jelly, come on" he said and she ran to him and held his hand. We got into the car and drove to ikea.

"Okay Jelly, what color do you want your room?" I asked her while putting her in the carriage.
"Purple!" She said excitedly.
"Okay, lets go get the paint." I said as we walked to the paint.
"The guest room is going to be her room, right?" I asked to be sure.
"Yep" jug replied

15 minutes later
"Jug, do you like this purple?"
"I don't know, it's purple." He said and I rolled my eyes playfully. "Yes, I like it" he said kissing my head. I got 2 cans of it so it would cover the whole room. Then, we went and ordered her a white bed, a white night stand, and dresser to be delivered later that day. She only needed one dresser since there was already a closet in the room. When we were done, we went to Target!

"What do we need here?" Jughead asked confused.
"Necessities. Like her toothbrush, a hair brush, kid toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner.oh! And toys. " I said and he nodded. We were halfway done in Target when Jelly started to get grumpy and tired.
"Up!" She cried.
"Jelly, we are in the store. You can sit in the carriage." Jug said but when Jellybean wouldn't calm down I picked her up. I started rocking from side to side and then she fell asleep in my arms.

"You do realize, you are now stuck holding her" jughead said laughing.
"Yea but I don't mind it. I love little kid cuddles." I said smiling and he kissed my cheek. "Let's go get some toys then we can go get her clothes."

"What toys should we get her?" He asked me.
"I don't know. Maybe some dolls and puzzles?" I said laughing. We ended up buying dolls, puzzles, coloring books, and crayons. Then we walked to the next store.

"Yay! My favorite part!" I said excitedly.
"Don't you hate shopping?" Jughead asked confused.
"I hate shopping for myself. But, I love shopping for little kids. It makes me think of my future." I said and we both smiled.
"Here, I'll take jelly so you can walk around easier." He said as he grabbed her. She tucked her head into the crook of his neck and fell back asleep.
I started walking around the store and found a lot of cute clothes.

"Betts, I think we have enough

"Betts, I think we have enough." Jug said and I sighed.
"Okay."
We payed and went back to his house to wait for the furniture delivery.

We put Jellybean on the couch since she was still sleeping and we went to the other couch and cuddled. We were watching a movie when we heard Jellybean screaming. We ran over to her and saw her crying.
"Jelly, what's wrong?" Jug asked her.
"Mommy hurt me" she cried.
"Oh baby, it was just a nightmare" I said and picked her up.

When she calmed down she sat on my lap on the couch.
"Did mommy hurt you before you care to live with us?" Jug asked her.
"Yea. If I cried or whined or was hungry." She said.
"Well, you're never going to see mommy again. Okay? You're safe here." Jug said and she hugged him.

We went upstairs and painted her room the lilac color we chose.
"The paint needs to dry so we have to do the furniture tomorrow." I said and jughead nodded. "Well, I better get home." I said as we sat in the living room.
"I'll bring you." He told me.
"No, you need to put Jelly to bed. I'll be okay walking. I promise."
"Why can't you just sleep here? You have clothes here anyway." He said and I smiled.
"Let me text my mom telling her." I said and kissed his cheek.

Jughead put Jellybean to  bed in FPs bed and then we got into our pajamas. Jug just slept in grey sweatpants and no shirt and I slept in his tshirt and underwear.

"So, do you like your sister?" I asked him.
"I do. I just feel bad that she had to up with my mom hurting her for so long. She doesn't deserve that." He sighed.
"She doesn't but, she won't have to deal with it anymore. Because now, she's here with you and your dad and she loves you guys." I said smiling.
"She loves you too you know. Yesterday night she kept asking for you." He said and I laughed. "How are you? Still sore?" He asked.
"I mean yea. My face hurts a little but it's better." I said and then we fell asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night panting and trying to catch my breath. My nightmares don't occur as often but when they do, they're just as bad. I sat up and tried to calm myself down when a small sob escaped my mouth.
"Betts? What's wrong?" Jughead asked as he woke up.
"N-nothing. Go b-back to s-sleep." I said still crying.
"Did you have one of your nightmares?" He asked and I nodded. "Come here" he said and I cuddled it him. He fondled with my hair and whispered sweet nothings into my ear until I fell asleep.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Make sure to comment and vote!! Xoxo