Chapter 39

*You all voted for a bughead chapter so that is what you're getting. The last chapter will continue into the next chapter!!*

Just a little reminder, in the main story Betty and Jughead are 43, however in this chapter ONLY ages may vary but I will specify if they do!!

also, I didn't get a chance to edit this because i wanted to update asap so if you see a typo comment and I'll fix it!!

2 years ago..

They are all 41

Ever since Jughead confessed why he was distant things have been better and we got to move into the house he was building! But we still couldn't believe Archie had cheated on Veronica. It seemed so out of character for him. 

I was sitting in my office at work doing boring paper work when my phone started ringing. I sighed as I picked it up.

"hello?" I asked resting my head on my hand. 

"You sound like a joy to be around today" I heard the sarcastic voice I LOVE.

"I'm sorry, Jug. I'm just stressed"

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

"There's just so much paperwork and it's so boring which then causes me to lose all motivation to do it. I also have limited time since I promised the kids I'd make them chicken parmesan tonight" 

"I'm sorry, baby. I can cook dinner, that way you can take your time"

"no, it's okay. I can do it. This paperwork is easy and anyone could do it. I'll just pull my 'I'm the CEO card' and have someone else do it" I shrugged with a smile after I heard his chuckle through the phone.

"You don't pull that card as often as you should" 

"I just hate acting like that person but today I don't even care." There were a few moments of silence before Jug spoke again.

"Are you ready to be picked up?" I glanced up at the clock and saw it was past 5 o'clock. 

"yeah, sorry I didn't realize what time it was"

"It's okay, I'm outside waiting but take your time" 

"Alright, I'll be out soon" I hung up and packed up my computer, it's charger, and my purse. I made my way into the elevator and when that opened, down towards the door. I noticed someone at the front desk and frowned. I took a step closer and recognized them. "Madison, why are you still here? You were supposed to leave an hour ago" she looked down sheepishly then back up at me. Madison was one of my newest and best employees.

"You sent an email for Sammy to do the paperwork but she is on a date tonight so I offered." she shrugged and I smiled softly. 

"okay, do you have the keys to close?" she shook her head

"no, I was about to come to your office. Can I take the paperwork home and finish it there? I'm sorry I just have a needy puppy at home" we both laughed

"How about you just leave it here and we can split it tomorrow? Then we'll get to rest and it will be done faster" she nodded and placed the papers down. I locked up and saw Jug leaning against his car. I shook my head and smiled walking towards him. "How many times have I told you that you don't have to open the door for me?" he wrapped his arms around my waist, mine going around his neck.

"How many times have I told you that I'm going to open it for you anyway?" he kissed me softly and when we pulled away he opened the door. Once he got in and started driving, he placed his hand on my thigh.