Chapter 25

Betty POV

"Wait...a-as in....." she paused

"as in the owner and CEO?"Nina asked and laughed "yes, that is her"

i'm so sorry" erin started and I shook my head

"I'm not going to say it's okay, because it's not. No client or patient should every be talked to that way. Luckily, I'm not in the mood to fire people." I said and walked into my office- Katie and Nina following. I placed Addy's carrier on my desk.

"Omg! I missed you so much!" Nina said and hugged me

"I missed you, too. Thank you for all of the work you have done for the past months" I said and she smiled

"I'm just glad I get to meet this little squish" she said and started talking to Addy. "hi Addy, I'm Nina, you're mommys friend" she said in a baby voice. "Well, I have to get back to work but I will be back to see you both" she explained and left the room. I took Addy out of her carrier and gave her to Katie. Katie sat down on the couch and I sat next to her.

"So, how have you been?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Okay, I guess. I don't need individual therapy anymore and I'm trying to have a relationship with my mom again" she explained. After her step dad raped her multiple times, she tried to tell her mom but she didn't believe her. It wasn't until Katie told her aunt, that she got help. She now lives with her Aunt Jenna and barely talks to her mom.

"Thats great!" I said and she nodded

"How about you?" she asked and I sighed

"Lately, good but if you asked me 3 months ago I would say bad.I got postpartum depression and it was awful. But, I finally gave in to all the people offering to help me and now I'm free of it." I said and she smiled. We talked for a little bit longer until I had to start working.

"I have to get to work but you can stay in here and play if you want or you can go hang out in the lounge area with your friends. It's up to you" I said as I sat down at my desk. She thought about it then started playing with Addy again. They were sitting on the floor playing with her rainbow ring stack thing, stacking cups, and her Sophie the giraffe teether.

20 minutes later...

"Betty" Katie said and I looked at her "Can I go to the lounge?" She asked nervously and I laughed

"Of course! I'm not going to make you stay in here and watch my kid" I said and she just kept staring at me

"no I mean, can I go to the lounge....with Addy" she said cautiously and I thought about it. Katie is one of my favorite people here and I trust her. She has watched Jayden for me a couple times- I mean that was only when I needed a pee break- but still, I trust her.

"Sure." I said and she smiled "you might want to take her teether and some wipes incase she drools" I explained and she nodded

"Can I just take the whole diaper bag?" she asked and I nodded.

"yea, if she needs a diaper change, needs to be fed, or just won't stop crying bring her back"

"Betty I can handle a diaper change" she said and we both laughed

"I know, but I don't want you to feel obligated to do anything" I told her and she nodded. I kissed Addy's head and they left the room.

1 HOUR LATER

I was doing work when I noticed they were still gone. I decided to go check on them to make sure everything was okay. When I walked into the lounge I saw Katie talking to some of her friends while holding Addy who was sleeping on her chest.