Chapter 15

Betty POV

Cheryl walked down to the beach and Jelly looked at me, eyes widened in fear.

"Baby, come here." I said and she climbed into my lap since I was sitting down. "Whats wrong?" I asked her.

"I don't want to be mean to your friends. but, they scare me" she confessed looking down.

"You're not being mean. You've been through a lot. A lot of mean people have hurt you before, but it'll be okay. Now, let's go build sandcastles." I said and she giggled. Cheryl came over and sat next to me. We filled the buckets with sand until we realized we needed water. "Jelly, why don't you go get a bucket full of water" I suggested and she ran to the water with an empty bucket. She tried to pick it up but it was too heavy so she ran back to us empty handed.

"It's too heavy, I need help" she said and I smiled at her cuteness.

"Why don't you ask Cheryl to help you" I suggested and she stared at me. I nodded encouragingly and she turned to Cheryl.

"Will you help me with the water?" She asked shyly

"Of course! Let's go" Cheryl said as she walked towards the water.

I was watching them incase Jelly had one of her freak outs, and then I saw something adorable. They were walking with the bucket and Jelly bumped into it and got Cheryl all wet, so Cheryl splashed Jellybean. Then, she started giggling and as of now her and Cheryl are having a splash war. I was smiling at them when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I looked up and was met with the blue-green eyes I've grown quite fond of.

"Hi" I said tilting my head backwards to see him looking down on me. He chuckled.

"Hi" he said and kissed me then sat next to me. "Whats that all about?" he asked pointing to the laughing girls in the ocean.

"Cheryl wanted to know what she could do to make Jelly like her or trust her more so I suggested playing with her while we're still here incase she has a freak out or meltdown and then that happened." I said motioning to the splash war.

"Well, they seem content. Want to go unpack our clothes?" he asked and I nodded. "Cheryl, we're going inside!" he yelled and she nodded.

When we walked into our room I called dibs on the top drawers. After finally unpacking our clothes, we sat out on our balcony area.

"Have you seen or talked to Veronica at all?" Jug questioned and I looked at him confused.

"Not since her Pops outburst" I said sighing. "I just don't get how she can attack a 4 year old who has been through way more than she ever has." I said and jug nodded.

"Maybe you should talk to her about it." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him. "What?" he asks confused.

"Why should I talk to her? She was the rude one." I said a little ruder than planned and he sighed. "Sorry, it's just I don't understand why I have to talk to her first." I said and he chuckled wrapping his arms around me.

"Oh Betts, still the same stubborn girl I fell for" he said

"I'm not stubborn" I said and he stared at me eyebrows raised "okay, maybe I am." I said rolling my eyes

"You don't have to talk first, but you should talk to her soon." he said and kissed  my temple. "Do you want to go swimming?" he asked and I nodded. I had to wait for him to change since I was already in my bathing suit.

"Oh my god! What takes you so long to change?" I complained to Jughead who was changing in the bathroom. He laughed and I groaned. "I mean seriously, all you have to do is take your clothes off and put shorts on!" I yelled and he opened the door. "Finally!" I yelled dramatically. Then I got the best idea ever. "Last one in the water has to be the sober one tonight!" I yelled and started running out of the house. I was so close to the water when Jughead ran into me causing us both to fall. He was hovering over me and I was laughing.