Chapter 36

Betty POV

I believed Paisley, especially because I know how Cassie can be very manipulative, much like her mother. She had fallen and hit her head, but she passed out this time.

"Oh look here we go; she's the favorite child just because she's hurt" Addy said as she rolled her eyes

"She is not my favorite, I don't have one. But she is your sister. And she's been feeling neglected by the both of you. Now, she just cut her head open and passed out which isn't a good sign." I tried to explain

"She's probably just faking this too" Addy mumbled but I heard it

"That's it. Car keys. Both of you." I said sternly as I put my hand out. They both widened their eyes. Jayden complied. "Adalyn Rose I am not joking, car keys now or no car for a month" she rolled her eyes and gave me her keys. Just then Jug spoke up.

"Betty she's having a seizure!" I quickly ran over and helped turn her on her side.

"Jayden call 911!"

The ambulance got here and quickly put her on the gurney. They rushed her to the hospital and I grabbed my purse and keys, getting ready to follow them.

"You two, stay here. You should be fine on your own but Kevin is going to pick you up"

"W-wait mom, can we come?" Jayden asked looking concerned

"I'm sorry but no. You both have been extremely rude and said hurtful things to her. You don't get to pick and choose when you come into her life. Im disappointed in the both of you. Do better." I said before Jug and I left for the hospital.

______________

An hour passed and we were still waiting.

"God, how could we have not seen this?" I asked stressed

"I dont know. I thought after we last talked to them that they would behave but they didn't listen." he sighed, putting his arm around me

"What are we supposed to do?" 

"We can talk to them again and give them consequences for their behavior, but for Paisley all we can do is be there for her." I nodded. Just then the doctor came out.

 "She will be okay, it looks like the way she hit her head, caused the seizure. She has staples in her wound but that is it. It also seems as if she hasn't been eating enough, so make sure you keep an eye on that. Other than that, she's good to go."

"Okay, thank you." I said and we quickly went to her room. "Hey baby" I walked up to her and hugged her, kissing her head "honey, I'm so sorry. We failed you, I failed you."

"Mom, you didn't-"

"Yes, I did. And it's okay to admit it. We should have done something sooner, but when we get home your siblings will be punished." I explained to her.

"No, don't. Please" she pleaded "it's not their fault that they grew up and realized they don't want me around. Just don't be too tough on them." She said sadly

"It doesn't matter if they 'don't want you around'" Jug quoted her "They have been being rude and disrespectful to both you and your mother about your mental illnesses, and that is not okay with me." He finished and she nodded

"Um...can I...can I stay at Aunt Jelly's for tonight?" She asked and looked up at us. "I just...I can't face them tonight, not after they believed Cassie over me." She said with her eyes glossy with tears.

"You can't stay at her house because she's preparing for a baby but maybe at one of our friends?" Jug offered and Paisley nodded. "Which one do you want to stay with?" He asked and she shrugged. "Archie and Ronnie?"