Chapter 8

Betty POV

I stood there staring while everyone else was cheering. Then I saw him get out of the car.

Jughead.

I ran to him and jumped into his arms wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his torso.

"We won" he whispered into my ear.
"I love you." I told him.
"I love you, too" he said and kissed me. "Why are you crying?" He asked wiping my tears as he put me down.
"I was so scared." I said hugging him again.
"You're okay now. We're okay." He said and kissed my head. We walked back over to everyone else.
"I told you he'd be fine." Archie said and I rolled my eyes.
"Hey! Leave her alone. It's not her fault she loves him." Toni said and we all laughed.

"While we're all here, we're doing our annual Fourth of July camping trip this year. Right?" Fangs asked.
"Yes" Veronica answered. We go on a camping trip every year, parents can come if they want to. But, usually they don't. However, FP has a business trip this year so Jug and I are taking Jellybean with us.

We ended up going to Jugheads house. He had to start packing and I decided to set up Jelly's closet. When I was done, I walked into Jugheads room.

When I entered, I saw him holding a picture frame.
"What're you looking at?" I asked him confused. Then he showed me the picture. It was a picture of me and him having a snowball fight that my mom took our first Christmas together. (We were 16)

Flashback

"Kids, can you take the trash out?" My mom asked us.
"Sure mom." We walked outside and when I turned around I got an idea.

I threw a snowball at him and he just looked at me and I started laughing.
"Seriously, Betts. You're asking for it." He said and threw one. It hit me in the face and I fell to the ground laughing. I got up and threw one more at him. We had a snowball war and were like little kids running around the yard. I hid behind a tree and started looking for him when I felt arms around my waist. He picked me up and we fell to the ground laughing. I landed on top of him.

I kissed his lips and we just stared at each other.
"I love you" he said and I widened my eyes in shock.
"Y-you love me?" I said with a smile on my face.
"I do. I love you, Betty Cooper." He said and I had a huge grin on my face.
"Jughead Jones. I love you." I said and we kissed again. We eventually went back inside. My mom later showed us the photo and we loved it. No one else knew, but she captured our first "I love you's" in a photo.

"I remember that day." I said putting my head on his shoulder.
"Me too." He said and kissed my head. "Want to help me finish packing?" He asked.
"Sure. I'll pack your clothes." I said.
"Why? So you can steal more hoodies?" He said with his eyebrows raised and with a smirk.
"Maybe" I said mischievously and he chuckled.

"Since I'm getting an apartment, maybe I'll get a pet." Jug said randomly while packing.
"What type pet are you thinking?" I asked curiously.
"I don't know. I could really get whatever I want since I own the bar.I was thinking maybe a dog." He said.
"Maybe you should get something easy to start. Like a fish or a frog" I suggested and we laughed.
"Maybe you're right. I guess we'll wait and see." He said. And with that we continued packing up his room.

A few hours later we had finished packing up his room. We went to the Wyrm and only moved the necessities in first. The rest could wait.

We were cuddling in his bed when he said something I wasn't expecting.

"Move in with me."

"W-what?" I said looking at him.
"You don't have to give me an answer today and you can say no. I just-" I interrupted him.
"Jug. I-I can't." I said and he just stared at me.