Chapter 40

*just a reminder this takes place right after Chapter 38, so if you need a little refresher go read that!!* :)

I didn't proof read so lmk about any mistakes!!

Paisley POV

I was still really dizzy but I was coming to consciousness more. I know I'm in Jayden's car and we're near the Whyte Wyrm.

I felt the car stop and heard a door open and close. Then the door next to me opened and I saw JJ's face. He looked concerned but just picked me up and brought me inside. He carried me through the bar- which was closed tonight for some reason- up the stairs, and he placed me down on the L-shaped couch. Not far behind him were Cameron, Mason, Cassie, and Bella. Bella sat down next to me, and Cameron and Mason sat down on the other side of the couch. (it's L-shaped so the two girls were on one "side" and the boys on the other if that makes any sense)

Cassie just sat down in one of the comfy chairs.

"I'll get you some water" Jayden said and went to the snack area.

We all sat in silence until JJ came back and handed me my water.

"T-thank you" he just nodded. Cassie stood up from her chair and pulled him over there, then sat on his lap.

We all sat in silence for a while, not really knowing what to talk about. This also gave me some time to "sober up", I guess.

"are you okay?" Mason asked, breaking the silence. Everyone looked at him.

"Mason, are you stupid? Why would you ask that?" Jayden snapped. Everyone just looked down and the awkward silence was back.

"I-I...I d-don't know" I answered quietly, everyones heads shot up and looked at me. "The more time passes, the more I r-remember" I explained as my voice cracked. "I w-want to be o-okay, b-but I dont know if I am" a tear slipped out and I quickly wiped it away. "I'm sorry"

"hey" Bella said and touched my arm, I flinched and she pulled back "don't apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for." I nodded and wiped another tear away. "Is there anything we can do to help you right now?" I shrugged.

"I'm not sure." I looked around and didn't see Addy or Naomi. "Where's Addy and MiMi?" I questioned softly. I saw everyone look at each other before Jayden spoke.

"Naomi took Addy home. She um, she felt really guilty and thought you might be upset with her and didn't want to upset you more tonight. She figured you needed a break." I nodded in response. I knew it wasn't her fault, but I also tried to tell her he was giving me bad and sketchy vibes, but the party came first. Everything always seems to come before me, when it comes to Addy. She's either too busy, or already had plans, or is trying to socialize at a party.

"Do you feel more alert now?" Cam questioned a few minutes later.

"yeah, I didn't have t-that much of the drink so it started wearing off in the c-car"

"do you want to try to stand now?" Bella asked. I nodded and started getting up. I was dizzy at first and started falling but I felt someone grab my arm first. I looked at Cam and he dropped his hand from my arms.

"sorry, I just...you were falling and.." I could tell he was battling with himself. On one hand, he didn't want me to fall but on the other hand, I'm still sensitive to being touched.

"Cam" I interrupted and he looked at me "thank you" I gave him a soft smile and he gave me one back. We all sat back down...in silence. Again. "c-can we watch a movie or s-something? I j-just want to distract myself"