Chapter 14

Jughead POV

I felt bad for being so rude to Betty, but I was stressed about Jellybean. I decided to give Betty a few minutes before going to talk to her. I think we both need to cool down.

15 Minutes Later

"Kev, watch Jelly. I'll be back." I said and he nodded. I walked into the apartment and heard sobbing. My heart dropped when I saw her red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

Betty POV

I was sitting on the couch sobbing when I heard the door close. I looked up and saw Jughead. When he saw me, his face dropped.

"What do you want?" I choked out looking away from him.

"I wanted to apologize-"

"For what? Yelling at me or saying you don't  trust me?" I questioned looking at him.

"Betts, you have to understand I was stressed-" I interrupted him again.

"I was stressed, too!" I yelled standing up.

"Well, if you hadn't let her run around this wouldn't have happened!" he yelled back.

"You do the same thing! You and FP! As soon as you arrive you let her go wherever she wants so  thats what she's used to doing. But the minute I do it, I get told I'm not trusted when I have done nothing but love and support her." I said looking at him.

"Thats different. We're her family! You're not any-" he stopped realizing what he was saying and i stepped backwards not believing what I was hearing.

"anything? You're her family and I'm nothing" I said and looked at him hurt.

"Betty I didn't mean-" he started

"You wouldn't have said it, if you didn't mean it." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Betty, you know I would never say that and mean it." he said stepping towards me and I stepped back seeing hurt flash in his eyes.

"No. I don't know that because I thought you trusted me, but I was wrong. So, I could clearly be wrong again." I said glaring at him.

"I do trust you Betty, more than anyone else." He said and I looked into his eyes and could tell he was telling the truth.

"Then why did you say that?" I asked with tears rolling down my face and the hurt evident in my voice.

"I don't know, Betty and I know thats not an excuse. Trust me, I know. But, I was scared I lost her and I just wanted everyone else to feel what I was feeling, too. I'm so so sorry." He said and I just stood there not knowing what to say or do.

"I'm- uh. I'm going to go take a shower." I said and he looked heartbroken. "Not that I don't believe you, because I do. But, I just need a few minutes to pull myself together." I said and he looked a little helpful. I walked up to him and kissed him. "But Jug, if we're going to last we can't use each others insecurities against each other during a fight. Not just you, I'm guilty of it too. But, can we agree to that? Leaving our insecurities out of arguments?" I asked him and kissed me.

"I think that is a great idea." He said and I pecked his lips.

"Also- um. I'm sorry that I lost your sister." I said looking down.

"Betty, it's fine. She never was lost, I over reacted. I know you and everyone in this bar wouldn't let anything happen to her." he said and I smiled. "Are you still going to take that shower?" he asked smirking and I giggled.

"No, I'm too lazy now. Maybe later" I said winking and walked away. "Are you coming?" I asked waiting by the door.

"No, I'm not even hard." he joked and I laughed.