Chapter 19

~The Next Day~

"Good morning, Love" Jug said and kissed me.

"What time is it?" I asked while cuddling into his side.

"about noon, you slept late today" he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Well someone kept me up all night" I smirked and he chuckled.

"You weren't complaining last night" he said and I giggled.

"So what time is this date" I asked while drawing patterns on his chest with my finger.

"It begins around 7 because I know you like leaving work around 5:30 so that should leave you enough time to get ready." he said and I kissed him.

"I'm going to go get ready to pop into work, I'll see you later" I said and pecked his lips. I put on my white off the shoulder crop top with my high waisted tan pants and clear strapped heals. I left my hair down and grabbed my tan handbag.

At work

At work

I arrived at work and went inside. I set my own hours depending on everyone else's schedule so I come in at different times every day. I saw the receptionist wasn't busy so I went to talk to her.

"Hey Nina, how are you today?"

"Oh um...hi Ms. Cooper, I'm okay. How're you?" she asked and I laughed.

"Nina, how many times have I told you not to call me Ms. Cooper?" I asked laughing. "Just call me Betty" I said and she nodded. "Anyway, how are things going today?"

"They're going well. There are 2 group therapy sessions going on right now and 5 solo therapy sessions. I also have the applications for the seventh therapist that you wanted." she said and I nodded. Here at Voices of Hope, we have solo therapy and group therapy options. We also have doctors here who can complete exams after assault and make the rape kit and can prescribe medications if needed. We are connected directly to the police so when the victim decides what to do, a worker will call. And lastly, we provide the victims with lawyers for court battles. I didn't want it to be too expensive because I wanted people to be able to come here. So, we simply made it $10 a month, since we also have sponsorships.

"Nina, I was thinking about something and I want your opinion on it. What do you think about adding a self-defense class and a hotline?" I asked and she looked shocked.

"I think that would be an amazing idea, would it be accessible to all or just victims?" she asked and I thought about it.

"I think I would like it to be open for all, since it could prevent assaults. And the hotline could be a way to get help and remain anonymous if you aren't ready. I'm going to go look into it. Have a nice day." I said and went into the conference room that is also my office.

5:00

"Okay, I'm heading out. Call me if there are any emergencies." I said and Nina replied.