Chapter 20

Taraa's POV

The neighbourhood looked almost vacant with a few people and only 2 shops, that also of flowers, as far as my eyes could see.

"Come." Jungkook said quietly, picking up a bunch of white flowers from the backseat. And that's when I noticed where he was going.

A graveyard.

My heart started beating rapidly at realisation.

His younger brother...that's why no one knows about him.

"Wait." I said and he turned around. I almost ran to the flower shop that was there, picked up a bunch of colourful flowers and ran back to Jungkook. He didn't say anything and started walking while I quietly followed him.

After walking a few metres, Jungkook stopped at a grave. This was it...this is where Jungkook's little brother lied.

JEON JUNSEO

14 May 2004 - 21 March 2011

Jungkook kneeled down and placed the flowers on the grave. I also kneeled down beside him and set the flowers, taking them out one by one and covering the whole grave with colours. Jungkook looked at me and smiled sadly. I waited patiently for him to say something.

"This...This bracelet...it was given by him." he said, looking down at his hand and touching the precious bracelet on his wrist." I waited for him to continue. "It was a sort of an activity for his school. The teacher had asked the children to make anything for the person they loved the most. He made this. For...for me." Jungkook's voice had become shaky. "He had a good heart. But a weak one. It stopped functioning one day."

He looked at me and tears were glistening his eyes. Oh no, I am really bad at consoling crying people. I brought my hand and patted his back lightly.

"He left us, Taraa. He...he left me. Forever." Jungkook said, tears leaving both his eyes and his body shaking.

"Jungkook-ssi." I said quietly, and made his head rest on my shoulder, while I gently embraced him. He was trembling as he cried in my shoulder and I kept patting his back. After he got his calm, he straightened up and wiped his tears.

Now was the right time to speak. "He must be in a better place now. I bet that he would be very proud of you watching from above." I said and he nodded as if agreeing with me.

"Let's go." Jungkook said after a moment, getting up, but from his expression it was clear that he didn't want to go.

"Let's stay a bit more. And maybe you could tell me something more about your little brother?" I suggested as I tugged at his sleeve. He looked at me for a moment and then complied. We sat on the grass crossing our legs, facing each other.

"Where should I start?" Jungkook sighed. "He was excellent in studies, unlike me. He was so cute and handsome that he was always surrounded by girls in his class." he added.

"Just like you." I said quietly, earning a small smile from him. We talked plenty about Jungkook's brother, from his fights and to his love towards Jungkook, with me dropping some of my own memories with my brother.