Chapter 14

Taraa's POV

The vehicles sped by fast around us, while we sat in the horse cart. The boys have requested the ride to be quite slow so that they could enjoy it for a bit longer and also study the city along way. I, RM, Hobi and Jungkook were present in one cart, while the rest were in other one.

Jungkook being the curious one as always asked a lot of questions on our way, which I answered gladly, of course.

The restaurant was not very far away, so we reached it soon. After paying and thanking our cart drivers, the boys followed me inside the restaurant.

"Will someone come to take our order?" Yoongi asked, as he sat himself on a chair.

"No. It's done at the counter." I stated, pointing as I passed the menu to them. They chose their dishes and so I went to place the orders.

While I was standing in the line, my eyes travelled towards the window. The weather had changed completely, dark clouds now covering the sky outside. I felt an unsettling sensation in my stomach. I tried to brush the thought away and instead focussed my gaze on a cute child who was holding chicken legs in both of his hands.

After a few minutes, my turn came. I placed the orders and returned back to the boys. Our food arrived after a good 10 minutes wait. The time it took to arrive and the time it took to finish everything were almost same. We didn't realise how hungry we were until we saw the food in front of us.

"Hey! Hey! Taraa~. Come back!!" Hoseok's voice brought me back to the present. "Did you zone out?"

I realised that I had not taken part in any of their conversation for the past few minutes. "Uhh...I guess. Shall we return now?" I asked immediately, wanting to get back to my home as soon as possible. They hummed and got up, picking all of their belongings.

We got to the car, which Namjoon had called here from zoo after the horse ride. I hurried to sit in the car, just to get away from this weather. When I opened the car door, I saw Jungkook already sitting there, looking at me.

"I'll go sit from the other side." I said and turned around. Knowing his nature and how he was the awkwardest around girls, I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable by sitting beside him.

Therefore, I was quite shocked when I felt a hand grab my wrists. I looked back at him, confused.

"It's okay. You can sit here. Come." he said sheepishly and scooted towards Hoseok, making space for me. I nodded and got inside, sitting beside him. As the car started, I put my head on the window and the last thing I remember was Jimin's soft laugh, before I surrendered to sleep.

_______________

Jungkook's POV

Are you okay? That's what I had wanted to ask Taraa. But I didn't. Just because I didn't have the required courage. In the restaurant, I had watched her as small beads of sweat formed on her forehead as she stared into space. I don't think others noticed it, being fully immersed in their conversation and with delicious food in front of them.

Now sitting next to her in the car, the image of her terrified face followed by a relieved one when Hobi had snapped her out of her thoughts, crossed my mind.

When our car jumped on a speed bump, I felt a sudden weight on my left shoulder. I tilted my head a little and found my face dangerously close to hers' sleeping one. I don't know for how long I had been staring at her, until Namjoon's voice reached my ears.

"Taraa, is this city your hometown?" he asked her.

"Hyung, she actually fell asleep." I said, praying silently that he doesn't turn around to look at us right now. Thankfully, he didn't. Nor the rest of them. And the ones beside us, Hobi and Yoongi were fast asleep themselves.

"Let her. I guess her home is still a bit far away." Jin said, not taking his eyes off his phone.

But when I looked down at her again, I had the urge to wake her up then and there. Not because it was unusual for me to let a girl sleep on my shoulder but because of the sudden deep frown that had appeared on her face.

Her fingernails dug into the fabric of her jeans and most probably her skin. She was mumbling something in her sleep, as if in pain. I placed my hand on hers and tried to slowly remove it from her thighs, stopping the torture that she unknowingly gave to herself.

After a little bit of trying, I succeeded. I held her right hand tightly in mine and placed it in the little space between us, away from everyone's eyes.

I was just going to wake her up from whatever bad dream she was having, when suddenly there was a roar of thunder and she woke up, panting heavily. Her eyes were enlarged, her breathing fast and her expression horrified.

I immediately let go of her hand and placed it on her back, rubbing it slowly. She was obviously not okay, so asking about it would be a dumb thing to do. I kept my mouth shut and let her gain composure.

After her breathing had returned to its normal pace, I offered her water which she took with shaking hands. Upon taking a few gulps of water and meanwhile spilling a little on herself, she returned the bottle to me.

I looked past her and judging from the area, her home was nearby. Soon after, the car stopped outside her apartment and she hastily got off and ran into the apartment, muttering an almost inaudible Goodbye and Thanks. The other members exchanged some confused glances at her unusual behaviour.

We soon arrived at our hotel and went straight to our rooms as we were hella tired. After Tae, I freshened myself up and slumped down beside him on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked him when I saw a small frown on his face as he looked at his phone screen. I took a peek at his screen and saw the messaging app open.

"It's Taraa, she's not replying." he said. "She even acted strange when we left the restaurant."

"C'mon hyung. She must also be tired. So maybe she went straight to bed." I assured him, even though I was lying.

Yeah, she was acting strange. The utter horror on her face when the thunderstorm had struck was still fresh in my mind. Yet, I didn't press the matter any further.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. But she always replies to me." he said and locked his phone. "Anyways, goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said and switched off the bedside lamp as I drew the cover over myself.

__________________________________

A/N:

Thank you for reading!

😊💜