Chapter 81

"In nostalgia, there is no difference between a day, a year, a decade, or a lifetime, because the amount of longing is beyond the idea of time."

-Gibran Khalil Gibran

_______________________________________

Taraa's POV

Taehyung stood in front of me with an expression that could easily be deciphered as just...confused. His eyes widened then narrowed a bit. He was just about to close the door when Jungkook's feet stopped it from happening.

Jungkook came and stood in front of me, facing Taehyung.

"Hello, hyung. I am back." he said.

But even with Jungkook standing, Taehyung was looking at me dead in the eyes.

For a second, I saw his eyes being filled with tears, but when he turned around and left with a scowl, I labelled it as illusion as my vision was also blurred.

"I told you no one would want to see me." I repeated to Jungkook. "I cannot do this. I am leaving."

I said and took a few steps backwards.

"Taraa, please. You can't turn back at this point. I am telling you-"

"Kook?" A soft, but loud voice interrupted whatever Jungkook was saying. Those eyes looked at Jungkook before settling on me. "T-Ta-ara?"

Jimin's voice cracked.

Hearing my name from him stirred something within me, as if I had expected him to forget it.

"Taraa? Is that really you?" he took slow and cautious steps towards us. I did the same.

"Oppa..." I called out.

A small cry left his lips before he ran towards me, crushing me into a hug. I returned it with the same intensity.

Jimin.

The warmest person I had ever met.

It was as if he had concentrated all his warmth into that hug. It made me rethink my decision of leaving without even trying. It made me feel light. It made my eyes tear.

When he broke the hug, even his eyes were filled with tears. He blinked once and the tears dropped like a pearl.

"H-How? Where? Oh Taraa!" he looked at me and then at Jungkook, trying to find answers.

"I will tell everything, hyung. But don't you think we should meet others first?" Jungkook suggested.

"Yeah, yeah, let's go." Jimin said, wiping his tears. He held my wrist and turned back. He gave me a little pull when I didn't move. "Why aren't you walking?" he questioned.

"I am...scared." I said, almost inaudible.

"Scared? Of what?"

"That everyone of you hate her and wouldn't want to see her." Jungkook answered in my place.

"Oh." Jimin let out, but didn't say anything further. His silence confirmed my fear.