Chapter 66

"The endings won't end you."

-K. Tolnoe

_______________________________________

Taraa's POV

I woke up with an uncontrollable urge to vomit. I ran to the bathroom and bent over toilet, emptying my stomach. My throat felt as if it was on fire, and my insides twisted.

I felt a hand rubbing my back slightly, and I glanced to find that it was Yoongi. He left quietly when I told him I will take a bath first.

After freshening and cleaning everything up, I exited the bathroom. I heard clinking of utensils and assumed that Yoongi was using the kitchen.

I changed into a set of comfortable clothes that kept me warm. The hot shower hadn't helped much in soothing the searing headache and horrible nausea. So, I climbed into the bed, pulled the covers over me and closed my eyes, sighing loudly.

The last night replayed inside my head and when it reached a certain point, I shot my eyes open.

No no no no! That can't be true! NO!

Just then, the curtain of my room was slided aside and Yoongi entered, holding a cup in his hand.

I couldn't meet his eyes and looked down. He approached me and set the cup on my bedside table, while himself taking a place on the chair beside the bed.

I could feel him staring at me, but I was too embarrassed to meet his gaze. When the silence got too heavy, I spoke.

"O-Oppa, I-" I felt at a loss for words. I lifted my head up a bit and looked at him. He perked his eyebrows up, as if urging me to continue.

"I-I am s-sorry. F-For last night. I don't know what else to say except apologise. I shouldn't have behaved that way even if I was drunk. I am so so sor-"

"What are you talking about?" Yoongi cut me off.

I looked up at him, and he gave me a confused look.

"L-Last night, didn't we sort of...did... things?" I whispered the last part, moving my hands frantically, expecting him to understand.

"I mean...yeah when I arrived here you were sitting in the balcony, totally drunk and then I got you inside and after creating nuisance for a little time, you slept." he said, casually.

"B-But-" I was again cut-off.

"Girls really do have strange dreams sometimes." he said playfully.

I watched as he got up and went inside the bathroom, closing it behind him.

For a minute, I had believed him.

But sitting in front of the mirror, when my eyes fell upon my abnormally swollen lips and a purplish-red patch on my neck, I knew.

Knew that he was lying.

Knew that he was saving me from the embarrassment.

And I was going to continue this lie.

If he didn't want to bring it up, then neither would I.