Chapter 58

"I never understood
what made your lips on my neck
such an intimate affair
until your teeth grazed my pulse
and I realized
you could tear open my throat
and make me bleed out in your arms
but instead
you chose to kiss."

-Unknown

__________________________________

Taraa's POV

Two days had passed since our little play, and I hadn't received any message or call from Jimin regarding the outcome. He had left me on seen, so I didn't bother him again.

I asked Jungkook about his condition, who appeared to be positive that they have broken up, but he too wasn't aware about the whole situation. Nor was anyone else. Not even Taehyung.

So, when later that day I saw my phone screen lit up with Jimin's name on it, I was quite surprised. Without sparing a second, I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Taraa? Are you home?"

"Yeah. You-" I paused abruptly, as a sharp pain shot through my lower abdomen. "-wanna come over?" I completed, breathing heavily as the pain subsided.

"Yeah, kind of. And are you alright? Your voice is cracking so much."

"Ah, just the usual monthly disaster." I answered, rubbing my stomach slightly.

"I see. I will be arriving in a few minutes then."

I nodded as if he could see me and cut the call. I got up weakly to open the door beforehand, and came back to lie down back on the couch.

As expected, the bell rang after few moments.

"Its open!" I called, and saw Jimin entering the house. He closed the door behind him, and as he came more into my sight, I saw a plastic bag in his hand.

I started to get up but he lightly pushed me back down, indicating with his hand to not get up. He pushed the packet towards me, and I giving him a questioning glance, looked in it to find loads of chocolates.

"I have heard that...um...girls usually crave chocolate in this condition." he explained, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

A smile crept up on my face at his thoughtfulness, and even though I have never craved chocolates, I thanked him without mentioning it.

I rested my weight on my elbows as I started getting up, when Jimin interrupted.

"Are you getting up because of me?" he asked, perking his eyebrows up. "If yes, then you better lie down back. I will get something myself." he added. I watched as he went over and opened the refrigerator, grabbed a juice box and a glass, and came to sit on the table in front of the couch on which I was lying.

I shifted myself up, so that my eyes levelled his eyes, rather than his knees. I watched as he drowned the juice in one go, as if he was long thirsty. I noticed his hands shaking a bit, and he clenched them to stop it. I didn't say anything and waited for him to initiate the conversation.