Chapter 60

"He looked at her
the way she needed to be looked at
like the whole world could crumble
and he wouldn't blink."

-Atticus

_______________________________________

Jungkook's POV

Namjoon and Jin were back from their trip, and were annoyingly elated for a few days. I had no idea what had gotten into them and I didn't give it much thought.

I was sitting in my lab in the office, practicing out some music, when our manager knocked and came into the room.

"Hey! What are you up to, Jungkook?" he asked.

"Hey! Just working." I replied. "What brought you here?"

"CEO wants to meet you." he informed.

"PD-nim wants to meet me? Why?" I questioned.

"You will find out soon. He is in his office waiting for you."

"Okay. I will go and see him." I said, saving the work spread on the screen in front of me.

I locked the lab and followed manager-nim out. I made my way towards the elevator but feeling no presence beside me, I turned around.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked, looking at him.

"No, no. My presence is not necessary." he replied.

I was confused, a train of thoughts in my mind about all the possible reasons our CEO would want to meet me. I then nodded and entering the elevator, pressed the required button.

Reaching the floor, I knocked on his office door. Upon getting the approval, I entered.

"Good evening! You wanted to see me?" I asked, bowing a bit as the man in front signalled me to take a seat.

"Good evening, Jungkook! How are you these days?" he asked, like always.

"Amazing. And you?"

"I am good too."

I then waited for him to speak.

"What are your thoughts- okay no. Let me get this straight. We have, more like you, have been offered a role in a drama. As main lead." he informed. It took me a moment to register what he was saying.

"Drama? Me? Main lead?" I asked and he nodded. "Uh...I am not sure. I mean...I mean for MVs and all its different. But in a drama...will I be able to do it?" I doubted.

"Of course you will. The point is...do you want to?"

"I won't say I am strongly against it. But still, I am not sure. Acting debut...its kinda a big thing." I stated my thoughts. PD-nim was looking at me hopefully, as if he too wanted me to accept the offer.

"I want to discuss it with hyungs first. I hope I can do that?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure! Just discuss it, make your decision, and tell me within a week so I can update them." he said.