Chapter 63

"All my grief says the same thing:
this isn't how it's supposed to be.
and the world laughs.
holds my hope by the throat.
says:
but this is how it is.

-Fortesa Latifi

_______________________________________

Taraa's POV

Wait.

That was all I could do and that was all I did.

I tried to block the flashback that was imprinted on my mind.

Jungkook kissing her.

Willingly.

Like he used to do to me.

I looked at the clock and it seemed like time had slowed down, just to increase my grief. Each passing second was a weight to my already heavy heart.

There was an unsettling sensation in my stomach, just thinking about all the possibilities.

I looked at the clock again and from all the times I had stayed with Bangtan, I had come to know their dinner schedule.

By now, Jin, Yoongi and one other member would be in the kitchen, preparing the dinner. I thought I would die just waiting, so I got up to go and help in the kitchen.

I peeked inside and only Yoongi and Hoseok were there, talking about something. As soon as they saw me, they stopped talking.

I smiled weakly at them, but they didn't return it. I didn't pay much attention and went on to take out rice from the container to cook.

I felt a hand grab my wrist as I stood on my toes to take out the container. I looked over my shoulder and saw Yoongi staring at me.

"You don't have to. We can manage." he said.

"But-"

"Taraa...its okay." I was cut-off by Hoseok.

Its true that I went there to kill my time, but as soon as I felt their concerned stares on me, I immediately wanted to leave. I didn't have the energy to answer any questions, be it from anyone. I nodded and left without further persistence.

I again went in my room but as I was about to sit, the doorbell rang.

I waited at the door of my room, making sure if it was Jungkook. I heard voices outside and could easily identify the one I was looking for.

I opened the door and went in the living room. Jungkook was sitting and laughing alongside Jin.

As soon as his eyes fell on me, his smile dropped, and was replaced by a scowl. I felt a pang in my chest but I ignored it and cleared my throat to speak.

"Do you mind coming in the room for a bit, Jungkook?" I asked. Jin raised an eyebrow at me suggestively, before chuckling softly. He clearly hadn't noticed Jungkook's expression.

"Go ahead, JK." he patted Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook looked like he wanted to oppose, but I guess, he too knew that I wouldn't let it go just like that. He sighed deeply as he got up. I turned around and knew he was following me.