Chapter 71

"And my sorrow sat next to me, stared at me for a while,
then it burst into tears and
I remained silent."

-Ghada al-Samman

_______________________________________

Jungkook's POV

I listened to Jimin's phone call with Jinhee, enquiring about Taraa's whereabouts, all the while pretending to be asleep.

"Jimin, are you drunk or what? She is not coming back. She has shifted to India."

My chest contracted painfully at Jinhee's sentence. I turned around, facing away from the others, and grabbed my chest intuitively.

A few minutes later, Taehyung informed me that they were leaving for the house, and asked if I wanted to come.

With difficulty, I got up, all because my heart was still beating hard against my chest.

We reached the house and took our places, waiting for Jinhee to explain.

She told us everything and I felt sick to the stomach suddenly. I was having difficulty in breathing, and I felt suffocated like never before.

I needed to get away from there and I made an excuse that I was going to that woman's place.

But before I could make my exit, Hoseok-hyung had grabbed me by my collar.

"Are you happy now, huh?! Now that she has left us. You bastard, does this fucking satisfy you?!" he spat. His words cut deep but I knew I deserved it. "SPEAK UP!" he growled, when I didn't reply. And neither was I going to even if he punched me, which he looked close to doing.

I just stood there, with Hoseok still grabbing onto my collar and giving it a harsh pull, before Jimin came in between us. He separated an infuriated Hoseok from me, looking scared himself at the said man.

Without glancing at others, I left the place silently.

Recently, I had entangled myself so much in a bunch of lies, that nothing seemed to be the truth. I needed to check for myself if she had really left. I couldn't believe others.

I didn't want to.

I wanted it to be a lie.

Throughout the ride to her house, I hoped, prayed, that it was all a lie.

That she was still here.

In my country.

Parking the car, I ran in front of her house.

"No, no, no, fuck, no, no!!" I cried, looking at the scene in front of me to be exact same as it had been described by Taehyung.

A big, steel lock sat on the outer metal gate. My previous prayer had went unheard but I again prayed for the other one to be true.

I took out my wallet, where I kept the key of her house. It was still there, like always.

Crossing my fingers, I put the key in the lock and twisted it. There was a clicking sound and the gate was unlocked. I ran inside and tried my luck again with the inner door that was locked.