Chapter 85

"We kissed beneath the twisted trees,
our lips between the stars,
tiny ripples in a lake,
this love, once lost,
is ours."

-Michael Faudet

___________________________________________

Yoongi's POV

It was past midnight. Unable to catch any sleep, I put myself to work. I was analysing the lyrics that Jimin had written, when a sudden scream hit my ears. I got up in a hurry and exited my room. I ran towards the kitchen from where the noise had come.

Taraa was standing on the platform, a look of fear clearly evident on her face. I followed her eyes and looked down, only to find a small white creature on the floor. I realised the reason of her scream at once.

Still so afraid of little creatures.

Before I could take any action, the creature climbed up on the platform, making her scream once again and jump down on the floor, her shoulder hitting the cupboard during the process.

Her eyes met mine, she ran towards me and I heard the word that I had started believing I would never hear in that voice.

"OPPA! Oppa! Oppa!! Save me! Save me! Please! Its following me!"

As soon as she reached me, she clutched my shirt tightly. Her legs were visibly shaking.

"Its okay. Calm down." I let out, as I made my way towards the said creature.

I picked up the rat easily as it did not try to run away.

"Wait for me." I said and went downstairs to keep it in its cage. I returned back to her after a few minutes, only to find her standing at the same place in same position, still looking aghast.

"That's Namjoon's pet rat. It usually stays downstairs and is harmless. What happened?" I asked.

"I just came here to drink water when I felt something against my feet. Oh God! I was so terrified to see it. I am sorry that I disturbed your sleep." she said, looking dejected.

"Its fine. I wasn't sleeping."

She didn't say anything and we kept standing there, in silence.

"I...should get going. Good night." she finally broke the silence, turning around. Suddenly, I remembered something.

"Wait!" The word rolled off my tongue.

She turned back, looking surprised.

Still those big, beautiful eyes.

Without saying anything, I took hold of her wrist and made her follow behind me to my room. I made her sit on the bed and took out an ointment from the drawer.

"Turn around?" I asked, hesitantly. She continued looking at me with questioning gaze. "It seemed you hurt yourself pretty bad from the cupboard while trying to escape earlier. Let me apply this." I said, showing her the tube and band-aid.

"Ah, that? Its not much. I am fine." she replied.

Still denying help.

"You are bleeding." I said.

She frowned and put her hand on her shoulder. "A bit." she added, seeing the red on her fingers. She looked at me, looking like she wanted to deny the help again, but before she could, I myself held her shoulders and made her turn around.

Her hair was not tied, so I collected them and put them in front.

Her top was slightly falling to the side against one of her shoulders and for the first time, I saw a hint of scars on her.