Chapter 55

"When you find yourself in darkness,
With just the thoughts your mind invents,
Is it scarier to have them at all,
Or that they're making sense?

-e.h.

__________________________________

Taraa's POV

Jinhee's words kept replaying in my ears even days later. And by now, Jimin had caught me staring at him more than once.

But one thing I was sure of after all the staring and glances. There was something seriously unsettling going on with Jimin, making him unusually sad and sometimes, irritable.

I couldn't tell if the other members noticed this change in his behaviour, and even if they did, I heard nothing about it.

Days passed like these, and one day I finally decided to talk to him.

It was evening and from the window in the living room, I saw Jimin sitting on the bench in the garden, swinging his small legs back and forth, while humming along to the song that he was hearing through the earphones plugged in.

I checked that almost everyone was busy, especially Jungkook, and not paying any attention to their surroundings. So I sneaked out from there and into the garden.

I took fast steps and walked towards Jimin. I sat beside him, and started imitating his swinging of legs. He gave me a weak smile, before going back to look at the giant ball of fire in front of us, which was losing its intensity through each second that passed by.

I cleared my throat to finally speak.

"Since when did you start listening to sad songs?" I started, commenting on the music playing in our ears.

"Since I started relating to them."

"What?"

He looked down and nodded weakly.

"I know what you want to ask. And I also know that you won't stop until I tell you. So the thing is that...I have a girlfriend." Jimin said.

"What?!" I exclaimed, acting surprised. Last thing I wanted was to make it appear to him that I knew about it.

"But isn't that a good thing?" I questioned further, although knowing what a piece he had for a girlfriend.

"I don't know." he shrugged.

"Well, who's the lucky girl? Do you have a picture?" I clapped my hands.

He opened the gallery and waved the phone in front of me. I grabbed his hand, stabilising it so that I could see the picture clearly.

Woah! Jinhee really was right!

"Isn't she from the same company as mine?" I continued my acting. Jimin nodded.

"Do you know her? Or met her?" he asked.

"Not really. Just exchanged a few words. Minji. That's her name, right?"

He nodded slowly.

"I still don't get you, oppa. Why the long face?"

Jimin was silent for so long, that at one point I was pretty sure that he hadn't even heard me. Just when I was about to change the question, or even topic, he spoke up.

"Taraa, you know what? I see you and Jungkook, and as much as I am happy for you two, I can't help but feel jealous. I can feel love radiating off you two, whenever you both are together. So, so perfect. You call each other names, have playful fights, tease each other and still end up being a precious part in each others' lives. It's not the same with me and her." Jimin paused for a while, then continued.