Chapter 90

"I didn't fall in love with you.

I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way.

I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway.

And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd
choose you."

-Kiersten White, The Chaos of Stars

___________________________________________

Taraa's POV

It was past noon by the time I woke up.

A note informed me that Jungkook had gone to work, also apologizing that he had not prepared breakfast due to the fact that he had to leave very early and it would not taste good by the time I woke up.

God! This boy.

I cooked noodles and replied to a few mails, before going back in bed and reading a book.

The pitter-patter of drops outside came as a surprise as the sky was very clear till now.

I ran to the balcony to bring the dried clothes in. I folded them and kept mine in the almirah that Jungkook had cleared for me, while I opened his almirah to keep his clothes.

Apart from the ironed shirts, which were hanged, the rest of the clothes were kept in a neat, but huge pile. As I also kept more on the top, the whole pile disbalanced, and in the process of me trying to save it, I created an even bigger mess as almost half of the clothes fell down.

"Fuck it!" I cursed.

As I bent down to pick up the mess, something else caught my eye.

A diary with a few polaroids sticking out of it, on which I could see my face.

I kept the clothes back and sat down on the floor itself to see what was inside the diary.

I knew it was wrong to read someone else's diary, but seeing myself inside it, curiosity got the best of me.

I opened it and all I found was my pictures. Some with only me in it and some with me and Jungkook. On each of it, a date was written with a small note.

From our first dinner together at my home in India, to his and mine taken at the zoo.

From a photo taken at Hoseok's birthday the first time I had come to Korea, to mine and Hyunwoo's picture together.

From me trying to hide my smudge from the camera when we had cleaned the house, to Taehyung and Jimin keeping their heads on my thighs while Yoongi and Jungkook rested theirs on my shoulders, with Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon smiling at the camera.

From me sleeping in his car with my mouth open, to him kissing my cheeks which I remember being clicked by Jimin.

From me dressed up to deceive Jimin's ex, Yang Minji, to me with a fake revolver in my hand, smiling widely at the camera and him staring down at me, looking done, still in his makeup from the drama with all the wounds and cuts.