Chapter 68

"Like a dandelion, wish him well and let go. Watch him scatter across the winds and be thankful that the broken stem in your hand is his memory and not your spirit. Wish him well, this broken man, but wish him well, right over there."

-Lauren Eden

_______________________________________

Taraa's POV

One more month had passed by in a flash, and apart from some really difficult steps, Hoseok was able to dance like before.

Bangtan had become more and more busy as their tour had only two weeks to go.

I felt stressed as I entered the gates of the orphanage since this was not gonna be a normal visit. As always, I greeted whoever I came across, before reaching the required room. As soon as Hyunwoo spotted me, he came running and I crouched down to hug him.

"Noona, let's play!" Hyunwoo exclaimed. Normally, I would go with him without a doubt, but today, I couldn't falter.

"I am not feeling well today, Hyunwoo-ah. Let's not play today." I said.

"What happened, noona?" he said, as he put his forehead against mine, checking my temperature. I cooed at the little boy.

"I am just tired. Let's just talk today." I said, and he nodded his head.

I took his hand and took him to the big ground of the orphanage, heading towards a particular tree.

"Do you remember this place?" I asked, looking down at him.

"Yes, noona. This is the place where you talked to me for the first time." he replied, smiling. I patted his head and sat on the ground under the shade of the tree. He copied me and sat in front of me.

"And you were so hesitant to talk to me." I added, pinching his nose.

I picked on the grass beside me and threw it on Hyunwoo. He laughed and did the same. I watched as he collected the fallen leaves in his small hands.

I remembered how he had been such a quiet child when I had first met him. As if he was fearful of things around him. But now, he had started accepting people into his life quite happily. The staff told me that now he greeted new people politely, unlike before when he just gave them a rude look. I witnessed this change with my own two eyes when a few weeks back, I had brought Taehyung along with me to meet Hyunwoo. Not only had he greeted Taehyung politely, but they became friends instantly, although one of the reason being that Taehyung was extraordinarily good with kids.

"Noona, please tell me, are you really okay?" Hyunwoo asked. He was better at noticing things as compared to children his age, so it was no surprise that he too had felt my anxiety.

"Yeah, yeah. Hyun, will you promise me one thing?" I asked.

"What?"

"That you will always take care of yourself. And be a good child." I said.

"Yes, noona. I promise." he jumped up.

"Even when I am not around?"

"Why would you not be around, noona?" he asked jokingly. I took a long pause before replying.