Chapter 62

"The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly."

-F.Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

_______________________________________

Taraa's POV

Days had become monotonous without Bangtan in them. I had resolved back to watching them only on screen, their old videos and BANGTAN BOMBS.

I was expecting Jungkook to contact me in any way, but nor a call neither a message ever came. I knew we had broken up but I wished he could be a bit more considerate.

Three weeks passed without me and them communicating in any way, and when on a late Saturday evening my doorbell rang, I ran to get the door, strongly hoping that it would be any one of them.

The guest was Jinhee, and to speak the truth, I was quite disappointed. Jinhee had called me the same morning, telling me that she would be dropping by. And it had slipped from my mind totally.

She greeted quietly, as I stepped aside to let her enter. I closed the door and followed her to sit on the couch.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, concerned.

"Fine. Don't worry, I only look like this." I chuckled, pointing at my baggy and crinkled clothes.

Jinhee didn't smile back and I also dropped mine.

"Wanna talk over dinner? Let me order it." she stated, taking out her phone. I went over and sat across of her.

She was silent and so was I. Over the years, I and Jinhee had grown to understand each other so well that it was never needed to be specified whether one wanted to talk or not. We just knew.

From time to time, I could feel her eyes on me as I doodled on a blank paper.

Soon enough, the food arrived and Jinhee went over to receive it. I took out the plates as we sat at the small dining table.

"Has he called or messaged you ever since then?" Jinhee finally asked, when the silence became too heavy. I had told Jinhee about the incident a few days later, and to say she was horrified was an understatement.

I shook my head. She sighed breathily.

"I know that he had already told me that he wouldn't be able to contact me. And, of course I don't want to put him in any trouble...but I was just...hoping that he could. Somehow." I stated.

"Don't worry, dude. Its gonna be alright." she said, patting my shoulder.

I nodded, knowing that talking further on the matter wouldn't take us anywhere.

After the dinner, she stayed a bit more then left, and I was again left with a far-fetched hope.

_______________

It came quite as a shock to me when one day Taehyung, Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi stepped on my door, asking me to get ready as they were going on the set to watch Jungkook's acting, and wanted to surprise Jungkook by bringing me.

I wanted to see him so badly that selfishness took over me, and I ended up agreeing to accompany them, not mentioning anything about their company.

"Wait! What should I say that who am I if someone asks?" I chimed in, as the four of them talked continuously in the car.

"We will say something. You just nod your head." Hoseok said and I shrugged my shoulders.