Chapter 53

"I don't know what's going to happen to us. I cannot read stars or converse with The Fates, but I do know this: I'm all in, Here and Now, until I'm dead in the dirt. No matter how difficult it gets, or how desperately the world tries to tear us apart, I'll be yours."

-Beau Taplin

__________________________________

Jungkook's POV

I returned home, angry. With myself. With her.

"Hey, Kook! I thought you went to Taraa's?" Hoseok-hyung asked, looking up from his phone.

I nodded and went to my room, plopping down on the bed. I felt frustrated at the argument before, and as always, started taking out my anger on the punching bag.

Why can't she understand? It is dangerous for her to meet someone like this!

I punched harder.

"Kook, lunch's ready. Come on!" Jin-hyung informed after a while, sticking his head inside the room. I looked at him, breathing heavily from all the punching. His eyes darted down, and he gasped.

"Your hands are bleeding, Kook!" he exclaimed, entering the room. "What the hell? Why did you not wear the gloves?"

"Don't fuss, hyung. Its not a big deal." I said, hiding the hands behind me.

"Come here! I will treat it." he said, moving forward and pulling my hands towards him.

"Its fine!" I snapped, jerking his hand away, but immediately regretted it. "I am sorry. Let's eat lunch. Hyung." I added softly, and walked out of the room.

He didn't say anything further, but throughout the meal, I could feel him eyeing me. Finishing the lunch quicker than usual, I excused myself and went inside my room.

I lied on the bed again, hoping to find some sleep but the argument just kept replaying in my head.

Taraa's determined face kept flashing before my eyes, reminding me that she really wouldn't stop meeting that guy.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

_______________

Three days had passed and neither me nor her had tried to contact each other. I was feeling a hollow in my life. I wanted to see her, talk to her, hold her, kiss her.

A cool breeze was blowing and I was strolling in the lawn. Upon spotting a pebble, I kicked it in frustration.

"Jungkook?"

I turned my head and saw Jin-hyung heading towards me.

"Yeah?" I let out, weakly.

"Mind me joining you?"

"No, not at all." I replied, thinking that maybe his jokes could get my mind off Taraa. He started walking beside me in silence, quite unusual of him.

After my patience had finally given up, I asked, "Hyung? Did something happen? Why are you so quiet?"

"I should ask the same question to you. I have known you for 8 years. Never have you behaved in such a way as you have been doing since the past few days. So I know its not work-related. Tell me, Kook. Is everything okay between you and Taraa?" he questioned. I tensed.